Friday, May 22, 2009

Henry and the male body parts

True Story:

Last night George sat at the kitchen bar as he read his reptile book. Flipping through the book he made at school, he read, "Lizards have different types of testicles."

I said, "What? Read that again."

"Lizards have different types of testicles," George harrumphed as he rolled his eyes. Obviously I wasn't listening to him.

"No George," I insisted. "I don't think that is what it really says." I walked around the bar to get a better look at his book. Peering over his shoulder I glanced at the pages of his hand written book. Sure enough, I couldn't decipher what he'd actually written. Phonetically speaking, he could have been right.

Shrugging my shoulders I suggested, "Well, I don't think you meant to write the word testicles . . ." And then I proceeded to explain that the testicles are a part of the male body.

Before I got half way through my explanation, Henry gave me an over-exaggerated eye roll and said, "Mom, I really don't think that's something you should be talking about. Come on. I think we know what the boy balls are."

Speechless. I seriously stared at him in shock, my mouth gaping open.

That pretty much sums up my Sass-a-frass Henry. I love him to death, but sometimes I just gawk at him in disbelief. Today my super say-it-like-it-is kiddo graduated from kindergarten. I am so proud of him and love him even more for his spunky outlandishness.

6 SPLURTS:

Rach said...

OH MOM!! hahahhahahhah, Henry is TOO funny. way to go HENRY!!

Rach said...

OH MOM!! hahahhahahhah, Henry is TOO funny. way to go HENRY!!

Haley Hale said...

He is SO perfect for Emma!

Marcie said...

I can always count on you for the funniest posts! I can just see that shocked look on your face! Gavin has started calling them "nuggets" since he heard another boy refer to them this way at school. I keep correcting him! The things they learn in Kindergarten...

Nikki said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! We miss Henry. He's so funny.

kellieanne said...

EXACTLY why I love boys. They just say it like it is.