Monday, May 04, 2009

and the White Trash Mother award goes to...

Me. Me. Oh, pick Me!!! I suppose I could more accurately call myself a 'brown' trash mother, but either phrase at this point will suffice.



1. I was busy (on the Internet) so I let Teddy park himself in front of the boob tube, in a convenient toddler size lounge chair and watch t.v for...(ha, I got you there, like I'm really going to admit I let him watch t.v. for 4 hours today)

2. When my little couch potato got restless, I remedied the problem by popping the kid some popcorn. (I want to teach him while he's young that boredom can be squelched with snack food. Learning the valuable lazy lard-butt skills while he's young will save him the hassle of working hard and being a productive adult later in life.)

3. Then when he couldn't take it any longer, I let him run around snot-nosed, begging for candy. Because, really, why not start now the life of a vagrant?

4. And just to make sure I secured my spot as biggest white (or brown) trash mother out there, I let the snot-nosed, sugar-hyped, toddler of mine trike the neighborhood in his UNDIES! (I'm preparing him for his motorcycle riding, wife-beater shirt wearing future.)

9 SPLURTS:

Rach said...

HE'S huge!! oh my goodness, that kid is so old. Where have I BEEN? oh yeah..not there. He's a cutie pie. I like the picture of him watching the TV...love the long stare.

Just SO said...

I won't say how many times my kids were parked in front of the boob tube.

And at least he had on undies and wasn't going commando.

tammy said...

That's some pretty cute trash you have there.....how do you get anything done in a day when such cuteness is running around your house?

JoMamma said...

At least you’re trying to get some type of mothering award. So many other mothers have just given up. Way to set a goal for yourself. Remember if at first you don't succeed lower your expatiations.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Love it...actually we call those ragamuffin days...when we just don't care what we look like or what we do!

Honey and Hotstuff said...

My self esteem as a mom just went up 12 points! At least I am not the only "white trash mom" out there!

Ticklemedana said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...BROWN TRASH!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah (oops...I got off some how...) Ha ha ha! this post made my day!

Nick and Emily said...

ha ha. i recognize that chair.

big8smiley said...

Wow, that's every day for us! LOL No, really, just every other day, or once a week. Just whatever. That was funny!