Monday, April 20, 2009

The Redwoods

After we left Washington, we traveled down the Oregon coast and into the redwoods. Unbelievable! I don't think I can even express how awe-inspiring they are. I felt so insignificant around the massive trees. As we entered the redwoods, we pulled over and I jumped out to hug this tree. I can't help but laugh when I look at this photo. It's like play where's waldo. The next picture is a shot of the Oregon coast. Every time we passed an area of the coast where you could see giant rocks, or small islands in the water, I wanted to yell, "Goonies never say die!"


Here are a few shots I captured in the redwoods. I'll post quite a few more later...when I get the chance.

And last, in the heart of the redwoods is this bizarre dinosaur world. Hidden in the trees are many life sized dinosaurs.

Did you have a fun spring break too?

10 SPLURTS:

SummShine said...

You should put a caption on that last photo that reads:
"Hey, come back. I just want a hug."

Maybe photoshop a tear or two under the eye of the big lovable looking creature that they are all running from too.

Dave

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

I've never been there, but it looks awesome. And I know my boys would get a kick out of huge dinosaurs in the trees!

A. said...

How fun! Say, you went through Oregon and didn't stop to see your favorite Aunt? :P
I just love the redwoods...I'm glad you guys were able to pass through them.

Just SO said...

I went to the redwoods in High School. They are amazing. I would love to go again sometime. Can't wait to see the rest of the shots.

Nick and Emily said...

that is a freakin awesome shot of the boys running from the dino. ha ha ha ha. i love it.

Carterista said...

Goonies! Hahahaha!
Marc doesn't look like he's running very fast.
I'm glad you had such a great time. The redwoods are a favorite in my family.

Weight Family said...

I have always wanted to go to the Redwoods, so I'm a bit jealous. One of our next family trips planned is to go to the Oregon Coast too. Looks like tons of fun!

Ipo said...

Wow! A whole family of fun people!! They must all take after you, Mark included!

Kayleen said...

I LOVE the redwoods!! Isn't is AMAZING?! the Dinosaur photo is hillarious! I remember that place! Glad you had a fun trip!

big8smiley said...

Oooooh! I LOVE the redwoods! They make you feel like you are a tiny little person in this incredibly huge world! I need to take my family up the Oregon coast too. :)