Sunday, March 29, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: My Fair Godmother

What can I say? I LOVED IT! In fact, I loved it so much that I actually sat down today and read it in one sitting. If you haven't figured it out yet, Young Adult fiction is my 'thang', so I picked this novel up a few weeks ago. Sadly, because of my own writing ventures, I haven't had time to read at all. None. Nada. Zip.
I have been missing my reading time, so after I loaned this book to a friend, and she returned with a raving review, I had to pick it up.

What did I think? This novel is a spin on the Fairy Godmother idea. The characters are charming, engaging, clever and emotionally deep. The reading is light; yet, witty, funny, dramatic, edge of your seat intense and ENJOYABLE.

If you want a short synopsis of the novel check it out HERE.

Who would like it? I would say everyone, but it definitely is a must read for all the ladies out there, teenagers, and your younger reading fans!

What have you been reading lately? Tell me your favorite book!


7 SPLURTS:

Ella said...

Erin, Have you read the persion pickle club or something like that! I'm having it picked up today and will let you know how it is, my friend Kim has read it and said it was great.

i'm erin. said...

OH thanks for the book tip ella! I will check it out.

renae said...

erin, i have a friend who is RAVING about a book called "the hunger games." it's YA, maybe kind of sci-fi-ish? but i just downloaded it so i can have a listen while i clean my basement. i'll let you know what i think.

another friend is reading "the glass castle," which is a memoir about a woman whose parents raised her and her siblings homeless BY CHOICE. they were taking some sort of stand. anyway, this woman grows up and breaks all ties from her family until one day when she sees her mom in NYC digging in a dumpster. my friend is still reading now but is obsessed. she says it's so fascinating. not the kind of subject matter that comes up too often!

anyway, those are the books currently on my list.

renae said...

OH... and check out my friend's photography website... i think she's amazing.

www.elizabethharrisphotography.com

Kayleen said...

so...I bought the book after hearing your review and Shell's review. Can't wait to read it!

Ticklemedana said...

ha ha...I also love young adult fiction, though more the historical genre...I stay away from sci-fi fantasy cause i won't read something in which i can't phonetically pronounce the names..=)

Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen, anything by AVI, and Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry are my favs...I can reread them anytime...I also love Face on the Milk Carton and anything by carolyn Cooney...

Paige said...

I second the motion for Hunger Games. It rocked my world.