Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ask the Audience: Drinking?

No, of course I'm not talking about the alcohol type of beverage. I am talking bout' the good ole' SODA POP (Joann, if your reading this, I don't mean Soda Pop and Ice cream...he he he).


I'll be the first to admit it, I may...or may not...have a bit of a drinking problem. I like- no, I LOVE my diet pepsi. In fact, when the weather is warm I don't like to go a day without running down to Harts or Walkers to grab my 32 oz. Diet Pepsi with a squirt of vanilla and cherry flavoring. Yum! Just writing this post is making my mouth water for the thirst quenching, biting sip of DIET PEPSI.


See what I mean? I may...or may not...be an addict.


How much soda do you drink a day?


What would you say is an acceptable amount?


p.s. If you are my dear loving hubby, or my thoughtfully opinionated mom, this may not be a good post for you to comment on.

19 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

I go through phases. I really shouldn't be drinking a lot of soda, because I've noticed it gives me heartburn, but I can't help it!!

Kayleen said...

Erin - face it. You are an addict. lol
I used to drink Diet Coke every day - sometimes 2 a day. Now I drink one maybe once a week or a few times a month or when I come down for and hang out with you at all hours in the morning! I am more addicted to bottled water than anything. Good thing since I have such dry skin/eyes. Boo to Utah.
We buy gallons of filtered water at Dicks. Refills are a whopping 39cents! And the taste is so pure and refreshing. MUCH better than our nasty tap water.

Caffeine is always a nice treat once in a while though. :P

Weight Family said...

I haven't drank soda for like 4 years, and it's not hard at all. I, too, had my favorite drinks but gave them up as a resolution one year and have never turned back. Easiest resolution I have ever made... seriously. (Do a post on ice cream and I can tell you every great flavor). I do steal a sip occasionally though, and craved it early on in this pregnancy. So it isn't 100% so to say, but I probably drink about 20 oz. of soda/ year. I just think, like anything, if you can't live without it... probably not such a good thing. But I have lots of stuff I can't live without... WHEW... I am long winded today, lonely I suppose. Is it almost 4:00?!

SO said...

I'm going to plead the fifth on this one.

Why? Because the numbers 6 and 4 are in the amount that I drink.

Brooke said...

Zero, I gave it up a long time ago. I can live without my carbonation and additional sugar...I figured if I was going to give up something why not make it something I didn't care that much about. I will drink it on occasion, mainly if there is nothing else available, but it's not even a temptation anymore. Good luck if you decide to make the break!

Nikki said...

I used to drink a 12 oz. can of Mt. Dew whenever I would get a migraine. And I would get migraines right before periods and also through the entire 2nd trimester of pregnancy.

But then I started LOVING Mt. Dew way too much. And I'd drink a can a day even when I didn't have a migraine. I got dependent on the caffeine and would get a headache from not having it.

So just before Christmas I gave it up. I gave up all carbonation and most especially the caffeine. Since then, I haven't had any caffeine. I did have some A&W Rootbeer a couple weeks ago because I was craving rootbeer floats. But that's it. I'm done with caffeine.

Now I'm starting to get migraines again because I'm in my second trimester. And they are practically unbearable. But I just keep uber-hydrated and take 2 Tylenol. Helps a little- but the very thought of being addicted to caffeine again deters me from having any.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

My name is Honey and I am an addict! (hello honey)... I cannot live without my diet coke. But from reading all of these comments (and my self esteem dropping 10 pts cause I am not a strong as everyone else) I have limited myself to about (max) 40 oz give or take in the day. Some days are less. But I stop after the 40 oz. I have this horrible thing that around 2pm I need a diet coke and some chocolate just to make it through the rest of the day.

A. said...

none. I take an occassional sip of my hubby's if he gets one somewhere just because the bubbles feel neat. hee hee. But nothing says "quebched" to my thirst like a nice glass of cold water.

I think what totally sealed the deal was the info about what soda can eat through. Eek!

JoMamma said...

I have been Pepsi free since August 18th of 2008. Oh I admit I want one almost daily, but I am being strong.

Now regarding the Soda Pop & Ice Cream that is going to have to be decided between you and your husband.

JoMamma said...

I have been Pepsi free since August 18th of 2008. Oh I admit I want one almost daily, but I am being strong.

Now regarding the Soda Pop & Ice Cream that is going to have to be decided between you and your husband.

Ticklemedana said...

let me tell you a little story...

When I was 20 I broke my humerus. It was near halloween. BY January, 3 months later, it STILL WASN'T HEALED. It should've been healed in 6 weeks. My doctor was baffled. She finally asked me "are you drinking caffeinated beverages?" I said "no" because at the time I was not. then she asked me "are you drinking ANY CARBONATED beverages?" and I said "well, I drink a lot of sprite..."

Then she tells me to stop immediately. Carbonated beverages inhibits our body's natural ability to absorb calcium. What little calcium I was getting in my diet was passing straight through my body because of the soda i was drinking.

Now, I enjoy a good diet coke every once in a while, but I don't want to put myself on the fast track to having osteoporosis before I hit 40...

Piglet de' Erin said...

Wow ticklemedana, that is Crazy! ok, that totally puts it in perspective for me. thanks.

Ipo said...

Diet coke is my vice. I tried to go cold turkey, but it didn't work. I've cut back on drinking it to just the weekends. I soooo look forward to the weekends when I can chug down a 44oz DC in no time. I need to try out the squirts of vanilla flavoring sometime. I didn't know about that.
Here's to Happy Drinking!!

haley said...

i decided that if you are going to do it, you might as well do it. i say yes to full fledged coke. no diet here! i also like a drink in tennessee called sun drop. it is similar to mountain dew, only more citrusy. it is delicious! HOWEVER, i try to drink at least 64 ounces of water every day, and there is not a lot of extra room in my bladder for soda on top of that. but i feel you. soda is sooooo good!

Ashleigh said...

my husband and i are dropping the diet coke, even though we are religious fans, cause it's not healthy...it's not that hard :) you can do it if you wanna!

Marcie said...

I could retype word for word the whole first paragraph of what "A." said and that would be my answer. I luckily am not a big fan of soda. When did this start for you? :P I remember you being so good at chugging down water. :)

Piglet de' Erin said...

I know Marcie!

I have no will power. It was when I started teaching high school, I totally started bringing a diet pepsi to faculty meeting.

Robyn said...

I don't drink soda. I mean, I have one here and there, but really, not a soda drinker anymore. I kinda gave up Harts and Walkers shortly after high school. :-)

eva fhadilah said...

I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Leher
Pengobtan Diabetes Herbal
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Cara Mengobati Penyakit
Obat Alami Untuk Ibu Hamil Yang Aman
Obat Diabetes Melitus
Obat Tradisional Tumor Parotis
Obat Kanker Rahim Herbal
Obat Wasir Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Tumor Bibir Atau Mulut Yang Alami