Thursday, January 29, 2009

BLOG OF THE WEEK


In no means am I an expert quilter, but I do enjoy the look and feel of a freshly sewn spread of fabrics that combine to make a piece of homemade art (and I enjoy winning-shameless plug). For years I dreaded the mention of "learning to quilt". My mom tried to tempt me into the sinful practice by waving free fabric in front of my nose...scandlous, I dare say. In the end, I was a goner. I completed my first quilt in 2005 with the help of my mother and good friend. Since then I have completed a quite a few other quilts for myself and friends, minus a few mishaps. I recently put the big ole KABOSH on fabric shopping...I decided if I don't see it, then I don't need it...at least until I use up the stash (mountian) of fabric I have piling up in my closet.
Well, LO AND BEHOLD...I find this awesome Blog that has a slew of crafting ideas for me to use up my stash of fabric on...and I couldn't help but drool over her's (stash that is). This woman is completely unreal...check out all the quilts she made over the last year and you too will have quilt envy.

7 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

I love that quilt blog, too. I love the more modern (not so grandma-ish type quilts) quilts she makes.

I didn't know you won a blue ribbon for your quilt! You have to post a full pic of it so we can see it better. How exciting!

Kayleen said...

yah. . . where are photos of YOUR quilts. I hear you're amazing! I liked the scrappy rug on that quilting blog. Very cute!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow. What a great blog. I almost wish I didn't know about it. I've lately had the quilting bug back in me...it's been a long time. Thanks for sharing.

Weight Family said...

I am getting ready to start baby Crew's quilt... but this lady's stuff is way too complicated for me. I do love her organization skills though.

Carterista said...

I'm looking forward to seeing and being amazed at your creations. :)

big8smiley said...

Oh! I love quilts! One day I'll make my own beautiful quilt. You have to post some pictures of your creations!

Unknown said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Alami Penghilang Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Diabetes Herbal Terbaik
Cara Menghancurkan Batu Empedu Secara Alami
Cara Menghilangkan Kanker Rahim Stadium Awal
Cara Mengobati Ambeien Luar
Obat Herbal Tumor Kelenjar Parotis
Tips Pengobatan Alternatif Diabetes Melitus
Obat Kolesterol Alami Untuk Melawan Kolesterol Jahat
Solusi Sehat Dengan Herbal Alami
Pengobatan Syaraf Kejepit Di Kaki