Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WHO'S THE WINNER...I AM!

I'll tell you what...it's ME ME ME ME ME! Yes, that may come across as a little immature, but believe it or not, I do not often win contests. Despite my vehement protests, I have yet to have one of my stunning children when the yearly baby contest; and every race I have ever entered, I am lucky to come in the last third. This past weekend I entered a quilt in the local quilt show. To my surprise, I won the first place ribbon. Of course, I couldn't have done this without the help of two wonderful friends: Ella Lung and Tammy Merryweather. These two friends helped me out when I was feeling down about Mark's job unrest. When I had only finished piecing the top, Ella stepped in and machine quilted a beautiful summer cherry pattern, and Tammy hand stitched the binding on. These two sweet, totally awesome friends deserve a 1st place ribbon too!

6 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Way to go Erin and friends!!!

JoMamma said...

Congrats. This is awesome.

Nikki said...

WoW!!! So cool!

Troy said...

Who Jomamma?
How do you come up with the time?

sanaejames photography said...

The quilt looks amazing! Grrrreat job again Erin!!! If you were a guy, you would be such a stud!

kellieanne said...

They are better than studs! They're WOMEN!