Sunday, October 05, 2008

Quilt Envy!!!

Have you ever experienced Quilt Envy? (that nagging, I wish I had that, and that, and that, feeling every time you walk into a quilt store) I am no stranger to it! I love looking at beautiful quilts, but I always walk away feeling covetous. In fact, the other day I happened to stop by a friend's home who just happened to be working on one of the most fabulous, eye-catching quilts ever! I just wanted to snatch up all her fabric and bolt to the door...but, alas, I kept my composure and finished our visit in a pleasant manner.

To my glorious surprise and utmost wonder, I recently was thrown a baby shower! And not to let my competitive side take over this blog post, but, if there were baby shower contests to who received the greatest gifts, than HANDS DOWN...I AM THE WINNER!!! (umm...sorry, I love being the winner) At my shower I received not one, but four beautiful, envious quilts! I love, love, love, love them.

Oh, and you are probably wondering which one is my favorite...I love them all, but the one I love the most is the one with pink in it...hahahahahaha!






Did I mention that I am the WINNER?!? And on a side note, that quilt my dear, friend was working on, is the last picture I posted!
Moral of the Story: Good things come to those who don't loose all abandon and snatch away projects that their friends are working on.

9 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

Wow! I love them all, but especially the flower one with the bright pink. Yowzer!!!

Leslie said...

Hmmm, I think I like the light pink one the best! Well, maybe not but since I made that one I probably should say I like it best, ha ha ha!

Now, why is there no mention of how many bunny hats you received? Your baby needs to be wearing the bunny hat from the hospital home and I want to see evidence!

JoMamma said...

I had quilt envy when I went to your shower. Oh how I wanted to snatch one. I'm glad I didn't, because the moral of your story will someday be my story.

JoMamma said...

I had quilt envy when I went to your shower. Oh how I wanted to snatch one. I'm glad I didn't, because the moral of your story will someday be my story.

Nikki said...

They are beautiful! I can't wait to see a picture of your baby girl on them. :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

You really did hit the jackpot with your baby shower, didn't you? Congrats on being the winner!!!

Haley Hale said...

I am so jealous! They are all so beautiful. The light pink one looked so familiar-because I used a lot of the same fabrics in the quilt I made for Emma. (remember that one? I guess I should really say that Tammy made it, since I didn't dare do anything to it without Tammy's help!)Anyway, congratulations on being the winner!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Erin - Awhile back your had a link to a quilting blog that you follow. This girl blogged almost everyday and had more "modern" looking quilts that she makes. I'm sure you follow several of these, but could you email me the links...I lost the favorite one! :(
Thank!
shaylenejohnson at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Mengobati Alami Nyeri Sendi
Krim Jerawat Terbaik
Obat Alami Sakit Maag Kronis
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan Berkepanjangan
Obat Membersihkan Rahim Kotor Tanpa Kuret
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Herbal Untuk Penyakit Kanker Serviks
Cara Mencegah Penyempitan Pembuluh Darah Jantung
Obat Alami Radang Usus Besar