Thursday, September 18, 2008

A SHOPPER'S DREAM

I recently went on a shopping spree at Albertsons and picked up:

12 bags of Malt-o-Meal Cereal (frosted shredded wheat, fruit loops, and honey puffs)

15 Cans of Muir Fire Roasted Tomatoes Diced
5 Cans of Muir Organic Tomato Sauce
10 Cans of Garlic and Herb Organic Tomatoes
10 Cans of Muir Organic Italian Herb Tomatoes

10 Cans of low sodium fat free Swanson's Chicken Broth
10 Cans of reduced Fat Swanson's Chicken Broth

20 Cans of Campbells Cream of Mushroom
8 Cans of Campbells Select Chunky Soups
4 Cans of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup

1 Bottle of Tree Top Apple Juice

6 packages of Oreos

3 Pounds of Fresh Grapes

....And do you want to know how much I spent???

Just over $35.00!

I know, it is a modern day Grocery miracle! I couldn't even believe it myself, but I have to say I am not the genius behind the fabulous savings. No, I cannot take the glorious credit; the credit goes solely to Jen Fugal (who has proven to be very FRUGAL...hehehehehe). She told me about a website that lists all the local grocery stores in your state, and the adds they post for each week, and coordinating coupons that can be printed off the Internet. By following this site, many of the items I purchased were absolutely FREE! And most were seriously discounted. If you are in the mood for feeling like a freakin' rockstar, taking center stage at the local ALBERTSONS, then check out:

7 SPLURTS:

Wendy said...

I shopped this sale too and it was a great deal. I love pinching your pennies too!

Shelby said...

That sounds identical to the list of groceries I bought at Albertsons yesterday!!

Just SO said...

That is awesome! I love that. I went to a program where the Grocery Guru spoke and he told us how to do that. I just need to put it into action.

Shayleen Lunt said...

If you are like me, it will become your new hobby! I've been following a few websites like that ad collecting coupons for about three months now and it's very addicting...I love seeing our grocery bill go down drastically!

Carterista said...

Miss Summerill,
You are a sassy, super-savvy, sale-shopping sista!

Unknown said...

I work at Albertsons and see how people work the sales....it is amazing good for ya

Unknown said...

I work at Albertsons and see how people work the sales....it is amazing good for ya