Sunday, March 02, 2008

Monday's Fit Tip Mania: THE GET FIT CHALLENGE

I am so excited about this post, that I posted it a day early. It is a well known truth that people who develop a support group or immerse themselves in a circle of people who have the same goals, are more likely to meet their end goals. In a recent post I wrote about an unnerving incident at a fitness group that I head up at my local church. I felt inspired by a close friend to add to this fitness group by introducing a: GET FIT CHALLENGE! This challenge encompasses more than just the obvious of physical fitness, this challenge encompasses the spiritual, and dietary aspects of becoming 'physically fit'. This fitness challenge is simple and guilt free. You can choose to focus on one habit to change a week or all, it is up to you. I will keep weekly posts about this challenge and urge you to post your own successes and failures. At the end of each month I will post alluring and tempting prizes for all who participated. I will draw winners from the great success and trial stories you share in the comments link. So be sure to post your name or a way to get in touch if you are chosen as a Get Fit Challenge Winner.

I challenge you to take the Get Fit Challenge!


Here are the rules.

1. There are a set of 12 given tasks that earn points. If you complete one, then you get a point for that day for that task. You can earn as many points a day as you want, or as little as you want, providing you complete the tasks that earn points.

2. You cannot earn double points for the same item in one day.

3. You cannot make up points for an item if you miss it one day and double it the next, doubling up on one item does not get you double points (*this excludes weight loss points).

4. Go at the challenge with friends or alone, either way, I will be your number one supporter! So feel free to email me questions or your daily epiphanies at erinsummerill{at}hotmail{dot}com.

5. You can wait to calculate your weight loss points till the end of the week, or the end of the month. Weight Loss is the only points that you can earn as many points as possible. If you lose 6 pounds in a month, you earn 12 points for that month for weight loss. I would caution you to NOT weigh yourself everyday as you might have emotional ups and downs that might affect your fitness goals.

MONDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL MONDAY POINTS:


TUESDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL TUESDAY POINTS:


WEDNESDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL WEDNESDAY POINTS:


THURSDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL THURSDAY POINTS:


FRIDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL FRIDAY POINTS:


SATURDAY:
30 min cardio
20 min toning
5 fruit/ veggie
Breakfast
No soda
7 hrs sleep
Multi-vitamin
Water 64 oz
Stop eating at 7:30
Scriptures/Pray
No sugar
Weight loss (2pt)
TOTAL SATURDAY POINTS:

SUNDAY FREE DAY!!!

WEEKLY Total:

My Weekly Fitness Goal:

38 SPLURTS:

Brenda said...

I am in... This is so exciting - what a great idea. Thank you for the challenge.

Haley Hale said...

I want to play. However, I am only gaining weight right now and I am quite limited in the amount of physical activity that I am allowed to take on (specific instructions: no optional physical activity). Any suggestions?

gurrbonzo said...

you = inspiration!

Natalie. said...

Oh gol. . . I want to wack you in the head right now. I so need this and SO don't have time for any added anything of any kind. . . grr. Stop trying to help me take care of myself!

Tyran, the Yeti Yogi said...

What? No "Spend an hour with your favorite local Yeti" on Saturday?!

shelly said...

I'm in, and I'm also in "lovate" with you for posting this. (See Nat's blog) And you don't even know me! This is Natalie's mom-in-law. I can't believe I'm doing this...

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! I love that idea...it does sound hard! But the best things in life aren't free! I think I'll try...

Leslie said...

I used to do almost all of these every day but have been slacking for a while, so I'm in for sure to get back on track.

I'm confused though about the weight loss one. If you have weight loss that day, then you get 2 pts?

The Price Family said...

I would love for you to fashion me some post pregnancy workout. . .

Ashley said...

I love it...I am so in.

shelly said...

I forgot to leave a way to contact me if I ever win one of those neat incentives! My e-mail address is shelly.norton@gmail.com. I'm taking this seriously -- but you have no idea how badly I need this. Thanks for offering to do it! I'm sure, absolutely sure I'm your worst-case scenario...scary.

Carterista said...

I don't get how we earn a prize...

shelly said...

Where/when do we report on our days?

Carterista said...

Sign me up!

Mariko said...

Alright. Sounds like a good idea. I won't be in it to win, but if I lose, that would be nice too.
Hey, give me your e-mail address, woman!

sarah said...

Count me in, this is just what I needed. Thanks Erin.

Bobbi said...

Ohhhhh, I am SO going to WIN!!!! Bring it on!!! (Your favorite movie, right?)

fatnelly said...

Yay, thanks for including me even though im way over in NZ! :)

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I wan in too! I want to exercise SO bad but I one foot is broken. I already signed up for a west African dance class when I take off my cast. I now think this is a terrible idea and really need to pace myself. What can i do that is fun but won't injure my poor foot?

Nikki said...

I'll play too.

Ticklemedana said...

I'm totally in and I don't even know you OR the person who's page I saw this on! (I'm good friends with nikki's sister-in-Law Beki) THanks! Just let me know how to report, as it were...=D

ticklemedana at gmail dot com...

Heather Brown said...

Is it too late to sign up? Its now Thursday? I found your page off of a girl who commented on my sis-in-laws photo blog.. I hope that is ok! But this is TOTALLY what I need right now. I need to find a motivator and by what I read you seem like a good one. And I like that you put the spiritual aspect into it too!!!

Heather
heatherbrownphotography(at)yahoo(dot)com

Our Sweet Life said...

Erin,
I found out about this through Bobbi. This is great - count me in. Thanks for doing this.
Tonya

Christine said...

Bobbi emailed me about this, and I would love to join. I need to kick Bobbi's butt to teach her some humility, besides the fact that I have so much more weight to lose than she does :).

The Blaisdell Family said...

I got notice of this from my good friend Bobbi. I'm in (maybe not to win) but I will sure give it a shot!! What a great idea. You can contact me at

theblaisdells@hotmail.com

Do we just leave comments on your blog as to how we are doing each day???

Christine said...

Oh, and my email is christinejanel@gmail.com

Junior and Marissa said...

Alright Erin, count me in you stinker. I swear my life would be so much more simpler if I never talked you! No doubt I need this though. Your always an inspiration my dear!
-Marissa

Jamie Smith said...

One of my good friends Bobbi Johnson told me about your challenge and so count me in!!! I also posted a link on my blog about your challenge so make sure to check it out: http://pjsmithfamily.blogspot.com/
- Jamie

Jamie Smith said...

My e-mail is JamieB2003@hotmail.com.

Brenda said...

This is exactly what I need right now to gear up for summer. Which means swimsuit season! Aaaahhhh! How do I report in and redeem my prize. I'm a friend of Bobbi's at Lake of the Ozark, MO.

Ben and Tanya said...

Hi Erin,
You don't know me, but my sister Jaime Blaisdell sent me this challenge from her friend Bobbi. I also know Bobbi because we used to be in the same BYU ward. Anyway, I would like to join you guys if that's okay with you. I think you are awesome for doing this. I have been keeping a journal of almost the exact same goals for the last few months. I think this would help motivate me to keep up my pace. Do you want me to start tomorrow? or use my journal entries from a few days ago so that I can stay on track with everyone? My email is tanyas_stuff@comcast.net

TD said...

Let's do it! This is great and seems like a fun way to get fit. I love fun.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Okay, Erin-- you talked me into it! I'm also doing it with my "neighborhood," so maybe if I'm accountable to you, too, I'll be more dedicated. Thanks!!

Somerset said...

Hi! So, you have no idea who I am, but I found you through a friend, who found it through a friend, who found it through a friend....and I'm in! I'm excited to have a place to go to share ideas and see others progress. I have a blog as well somerluvin.blogspot.com
thanks for letting me join in!

Kreanna said...

I would love to join this challenge! What a great idea!! Thanks for the challenge!
Kreanna

Kristen said...

yay! Thanks Erin, I'll start today, even though it's friday! Love your blog :) Hmmm... this deserves a post!

Shantell said...

I know that month 1 has come and gone but I'd like to join your little challenge. I'm a friend of Bobbi's and I believe that she was inspired to send me an email about your challenge. I'm excited to start and hope to make HUGE changes in my life. Thanks!

Teresa said...

Okay, I'm a month late, but I want to join too!!