Wednesday, February 27, 2008

VENTING MY GRUDGES

About a month ago I started teaching aerobics for free to women in the community...mostly in my church. We have been meeting at the church and using a large room. Since the class is an open invitation to anyone (near or far) the class size has grown to more than 30 women! 2 1/2 weeks ago we started doing the class in the church gym. There have been some minor scheduling problems, but we have worked around that with others that want to use the gym. LAST NIGHT a man all puffed up in huffiness, walked in and demanded we leave 1/2 way through our class because he wanted to play basketball with his buddies. What the crap? So we compromised and I left 15 minutes before our class should have been over. After the class, we saw him and his buddies again and they were acting very huffy and put out...plus, they didn't even have the gym scheduled...WE DID! oooohhhh I am bugged...

Which brings me to today's blog. I try not to be one to hold a grudge or to be unforgiving, but I was thinking today about instances in my life where I feel I was jilted in some way that I just can get over it.

1. LESLIE
- my oldest sister, the impeccable one with fantastic style, did not wear makeup until she was 13, and even then she wore hardly at all...I on the other hand was trying to steal red lipstick from my mom when I was 8. It is because of HER that my mom would always say, "Leslie didn't start wearing makeup until after she was 13, so you will have to wait too!"

2. Nikki- my sister closest in age, the peacemaker and nice sister, well, she wasn't so nice when she pulled my hair out during a fight! To this day I still have thinner hair than the rest of my sisters...I think because of that one fight, my thinning hair is HER fault.

3. Rachel- the baby sister, the beautifully petite one, my only grudge against her is she was born last! Can you believe that? Because of HER I was no longer the baby.

Can you see now how repressed I have been in my own life? Thanks for letting me get that off my chest these trials can be so worrisome. Do you have anything you need to get off your chest? Today's the day to let it VENT!

14 SPLURTS:

Unknown said...

Why didn't you just tell the bozo in the gym that you had it booked already and he'd have to come another time?

shelly said...

That really is annoying. I've had things like that happen before. Here in our ward in California, we can't even book the church for anything anymore that isn't completely "church sponsored". That includes all sports of any kind. It's really put a cramp on a lot of people's style! We were told that it's been in the handbook since 1998! Who knew? Shhhh!

Pop said...

Since we don't go to your church anymore (haha!) let me share in one bit of information here. According to the building handbook, events should be scheduled with your building coordinator (perhaps someone in your building or Stake, etc.) so if you have it scheduled, then you have the building. As for those huffy, sub-jock wannabees, recommend they take it up with the building scheduler or their Ward Leaders. It would also be recommended that you pass along your complaint to your Ward Leader, who lives just down the street from you to look into the matter. That incident could be some sort of gender harrassment. You go figure? Anyway, that kind of stuff doesn't happen in my church, haha!

kellieanne said...

I need to vent about this friend I have. She has so much energy and spirit she is hard to keep up with. She cooks, crafts, demolishes and decorates, photographs kids, and makes nifty carmel apples and refuses to take credit for it. She makes everyone else around her look like slackers. But, alas, I shall accept and move forward . . . .

kellieanne said...

I need to vent about this friend I have. She has so much energy and spirit she is hard to keep up with. She cooks, crafts, demolishes and decorates, photographs kids, and makes nifty carmel apples and refuses to take credit for it. She makes everyone else around her look like slackers. But, alas, I shall accept and move forward . . . .

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow - that Kellieanne girl beats us all for venting. I would be fuming ;)
(I can only guess who she is talking about. In fact, I've thought about not reading your blog anymore because I feel like such a slacker. ;)
That was REALLY nice of you to end early!
Kind of on the subject...
Last night we had our Blue and Gold Banquet and because of some basketball playing bullies last year, we posted signs on all the doors to the gym that read:
"Blue and Gold Banquet in progress.
Please stay out of this area until the activity is finished and all chairs/tables are put away." It worked...they lined up by the door until we had everything put away.

Shelby said...

Don't get me started.....

Carterista said...

Last night at OUR church, the youth etiquette dinner went past 9pm when our turn for the gym was supposed to start. As soon as they looked like they were wrapping up, we went in and were pulling the heavy separator curtain closed when few young boys approached with basketball in their eyes. You know how those YM are after Mutual. So, I said, "What do you think you're doing?" (with a big smile on my face, of course, because it goes over better that way.) Then while he was obviously thinking of what to say, I put my nose up to his and said, "Don't even think about it. This gym is ours starting at nine o'clock. We might could share the other side with you, but as you can see there are still tables and chairs to be cleaned up, so go on over and take care of that." Later, after a half hour or so of rugged, knock-em out, drag-em down dodgeball, a few of the bigger boys walked in, across and out the other side while loudly proclaiming, "They're taking forever!" and I thought, "Just until 10 when our time is up." Hahahahaha! Suckas! We RS gals rule the night! (And BTW, our activity was an approved RS Healthy Living mini-class.)

Unknown said...

Erin, I am very disappointed in you. You had 30 women learning dirty dancing behind you and you all can't take down a guy who think he is all that? Michale must not be on when he came in. I'll take care him tomorrow night if he comes again. BTW, this is Cecilia posting again with Judy's name.

Nikki said...

Perhaps picking up ABC gum that was left on the ground and chewing it as your own gave you a disease causing your hair to fall out and therefore desiring make up at an early age to compensate. Your parents feeling like their balding little girl was likely to turn out hideous, decided to have another baby to take the pressure off of their poor misguided already-chewed-up-gum-thief.

Shelby said...

Thank you nikki, for making my day with that comment.

Just SO said...

Now I'm feeling EXTRA guilty about not coming because if that had happened and I was there I would have gone down the hall right then and told Ty and the other gentlemen he was meeting with what was going on. Because not only was it regular meeting they had the "higher ups" in there with them. AND there have been problems in the past with basketball situations such as this that caused the men to LOSE any basketball playing privileges for a while in the Stake.

Carterista said...

Did Judy put on her Cecilia costume Thursday night and take care of things for you??

Leslie said...

All my beauty secrets are linked to make-up, sadly enough. You don't want to see this face un-madeup, trust me.