Saturday, February 02, 2008

When I think of babies

...I think of the sweet smell of Johnson's and Johnson's baby wash. I used to think of endless crying, little sleep, and messy diapers, but I guess I am softening up a little. Isn't it funny how just seeing a sweet little baby can bring a smile to your face, lighten your day, or remind you of trying but beautifully difficult times?
When George was 4 weeks old, he cried almost 6 hours of an 8 hour stretch through the night. I cried too...in fact, I cried quite a bit that night and cursed that little trial in disguise as a blessing. Then after hours of turmoil, he fell asleep, into a deep peacefull, angelic sleep. I walked into his pastel nurery and peered over the sides of his crib rails. My sleepless night and angst slipped away; so sweet and innocent, he lay there breathing so softly, and I remember feeling in awe with how blessed and lucky I was to have him.
This week, my dear friend Tammy, allowed me to photoshoot her sweet baby, that may perhaps be her last. He is her 6th, but when I watch her hold him and love him, I am reminded of how in awe I was with my first. Isn't he a beautiful miracle?




7 SPLURTS:

My name is Natalie. said...

I love the still fuzzy skin! Oh oh oh Erin! These are fantastic! What a lucky friend she is to have these wonderful pictures!

Just so said...

Those are wonderful! Babies are so sweet. And you did a wonderful job of capturing this one.

Carterista said...

No diaper,huh? Pretty gutsy. :)
How do you get the background so black or white? Is that a photoshop trick?

Tammy said...

Erin--I owe you untold amounts for just the fuzzy back picture alone! But then you throw in the pic of Connor & Nick with Nick's mile-long eyelashes!! Thank you, thank you!!

Leslie said...

So are you saying your pregnant? Hmmm, I sense baby cravings are floating around your house.

kellieanne said...

These photos are fantastic! It helps that your subject is so perfect himself! I love your blog! It's "picturrrrrr-ific!"

Aulia Putri Aprilio said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Pengobatan Tumor Bibir Atas Dan Bawah
Obat Herbal Pembangkit Gairah Pria
Obat Alami Nyeri Sendi Dan Tulang Yang Aman
Obat Alami Hiperemesis Gravidarum
Obat Alternatif Ginjal Bocor Anak Dan Dewasa
Vitamin Yang Dapat Mencegah Penuaan Dini
Obat Pembakar Lemak Tercepat
Obat Diabetes Tanpa Efek Samping