Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unsolved Mysteries!

I was stalking my blog friends in cyber world today when I was inspired by two excellent blogs: my sisters and some pioneer woman's blog. Both by the way are excellent reads! Both blogs posted about unsolved mysteries in their lives, and like them, and I am sure like many of you, I too have unsolved mysteries that still plague me to this day.

Mystery 1: Another mystery still taunts me for I am not one who 'wets' the bed. After each of my children's births I would suffer from hot flashes and night sweats as my hormones would return to normal. Each night when the baby would want to feed, I would wake up soaked in sweat and have to change my night skibbies (that is code for underwear). One exhausted evening I am sure I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow. I was out! Tired! Dead to the world! Like all nights I would wake about 3 in the morning to the intermittent sounds of my newborn baby squawking. I sat up to feed him and noticed that my night sweats were centralized around one particular area. I was dry from waist up but wet, like all other evenings, only this evening it was just around my nether regions. Hmmm...what a mystery. Had I in fact 'wet' the bed? I didn't think so. I perused the area, sniffed a little, checked the color of the moisture and even woke up my dear sleeping husband to help me solve the mystery. Both he and I are still unsure as to what really happened. Do people have night sweats only from the waist down?

Mystery 2: On Valentine's day I received a call from a number I didn't recognize. The husky male voice on the other end of the line simply said, "open your door," and then hung up as unexpectedly as he had called. I ran straight to my door, opened it up and to my great surprise found the most delectable caramel apple wrapped beautifully and adorned with a pink and white polka-dot ribbon. To this day, I do not know who or why the apple was placed on my doorstep. For days I interrogated many friends and followed leads and clues into the late hours of the night, but alas, I am still mystified.

Do you have a mystery that is still a plague on your life?

3 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

Mmmmmm...I LOVE caramel apples..and cookies! How come I didn't get any?

Maman Pélissié said...

Erin,

You were killing me in class today. Did you find your "beep" yet. I guess you can add that to your list of "unsolved mysteries."
Seriously your photos are looking awesome, and your boys are SO cute!
Shoot me an e-mail and I will send you an invite to my blog.
Take care!
Angi Pelissie

Aulia Putri Aprilio said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Untuk Ibu Hamil Trimester Pertama
Obat Herbal Wasir Cair Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Penghilang Kanker Mulut
Obat Insomnia Atau Susah Tidur Yang Aman
Capsule Pembangkit Gairah Pria
Obat Untuk Mempercepat Proses Penyembuhan Luka
Cara Alami Menghilangkan Batu Empedu Tanpa Operasi
Obat Polip Hidung Berdarah Tanpa Operasi
Obat Alami Jantung Rematik Yang Aman
Mengobati Asma Akut Secara Alami