Saturday, February 09, 2008

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies



Yum! I made these last night and my family devoured them. They are simple and delightful!
1 1/3 C butter (softened)
1 C dark brown sugar
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 C Oatmeal

2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until thorougly combined. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Add Oatmeal and stir until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and then spoon mixture onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 410 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove.

5 SPLURTS:

Unknown said...

A past conversation between my husband and I went something like this:
Him: Do you love me?
Me: hmm... Yes??
Him: Than make me cookies.
So, lucky Mark!

Nikki said...

We both know that you can't bake. So where did these cookies really come from? HAHAHA just kidding! (kinda)

Unknown said...

And why did I get any?

Natalie. said...

You made these cookies for me after Lincoln was born . . . and I ate the whole bag by myself. THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

Robyn said...

Use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm! There is something magical about oatmeal/butterscotch cookies. (I could eat an entire batch, by myself. That is how delicious they are!)