Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday's Fit Tip Mania:

Tip of the Day...Pray!
Studies show that people who believe in a higher power and call upon that power daily to help them through the day are healthier and feel happier. So by praying, not only will you receive spiritual help for the trials you are facing, but you will have your own internal support to work toward your goals.

I have found in my own life, that if I roll out of bed and land on my knees to pray, then my day goes smoother. I have goals that I work towards, and some days just seem to defeat all my efforts. It is then that I realize that I probably didn't take time to have a true heartfelt prayer with my Heavenly Father. Today I rolled out onto my knees and after praying, felt impressed to send out this tip today. I hope that this simple tip helps you along in your fitness goals and in all your life's pursuit of goals!


I also wanted to end this blog of the day by commemorating President Gordon B. Hinckley, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He passed away yesterday on the Sabbath. I am sure all who knew him and all who follow his teachings are saddened by this. I know that my life has been enriched to learn from him and to know that he truly was a man of God.

4 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

I can't help but think how happy President Hinckley must be. He's with the love of his life and he kept the faith and finished a long, hard and very good fight. What could be better than that? I'd like very much to follow in his footsteps.
(Thanks for calling since I rarely watch the news anymore.)

Carterista said...

P.S. You must be working on your blog. Your picture heading just changed before my very eyes! YUM! But please don't share any with me. I've already eaten almost 3 candybars today.
Also, I also STOCK up on blog sites. Actually, I don't. But you do.

Haley Hale said...

I have a silly comment to leave but don't want it to sound irreverent. So I guess that I will just keep it to myself.
I was a little sad to hear about President Hinckley's passing but the more I think about it, the more I think that it is a happy thing. He is with Marjorie and all of the dear friends he has lost over the years as well. What a great man!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Erin, I just love you! Thank you again for inspiring me to be better! It is so true that prayer really does make a huge difference...tomorrow morning I'm going to think of you as I roll out of bed and begin the day on my knees. love you! -Tiff