Tuesday, November 27, 2007

UPDATE!!!

Hi, long time no see eh?

I took a little blogging hiatus to focus my energy on our remodel (pictures soon to come), which is coming along rather nicely thanks to a great group of friends, babysitting grandparents and superhero construction inlaws! Since my last post was so heart wrenching, I wanted to update you, the blog readers, to how the situation panned out.

I read through all of your advice multiple times, mulling over the options I had. After a great conversation I had with a school teacher friend, I decided to take George to school one morning and then speak with his teacher. I spent the morning talking to George about why kids bully, and why it is important to stand up for himself by telling the kid to stop. When I got to his school, his teacher wasn't there, so I spoke with the office about the problem. That afternoon, I walked George home from school and he told me that the bully kid had apologized and played with him at recess. I thought, "Great, problem solved." Wrong. As we walked home, we walked past an older group of boys, and I overheard one boy mention George's name as we walked past. I realized that the younger boy who bullied was not the only one, there were older boys.
The following Sunday at church, I spoke with a friend, who often looks fashionable and coordinated! She offered to speak with her daughter and son, who is also named George, to see if either would want to go out of their way to make sure George isn't getting teased at recess or on the way home. That plan worked great! George had someone to walk him home a few days, and a few days later he walked home with other boys who were friendly and shared their toys as they walked home!

Thank you for all of you advice, it was great!

7 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Yay! I'm glad it's helped. :) Thanks for the compliment. You are sweet. I need to come over and see your house! (BTW I've started my own blog if you want to check it out.)

Shayleen Lunt said...

I'm glad the problem seems to be taken care of. I read through all of your advise in case I need it in the future. You have some great friends!

Carterista said...

I'm SO glad to hear that! You are a fabulous mom.

Natalie. said...

Good Job Erin! I think you handled that very well. I was bullied as a child pretty heavily, and having a good supportive mom is the best thing in the world! Way to go you!

Carolyn said...

Hi Erin Calabio! I am glad you are back in Utah! You are a great mom! See you at girls night out... Check out my blog too!
www.kunicfam.blogspot.com

Haley Hale said...

i tagged you on my blog-go check it out!

auliaputriaprilio@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Batu Ginjal Yang Aman
Obat Penyakit Batu Empedu
Obat Batuk Darah Alami Yang Aman
Obat Bronkitis Yang Aman
Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal
Pengobatan Ginjal Kotor
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Cara Menghilangkan Kesemutan
Obat Campak Alami
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan