Thursday, September 20, 2007

THIS IS THE PLACE...

This is the place...well at least that is what Brigham Young said when he marched the pioneers into Salt Lake Valley. Apparently that is still true today. Because of the lack of employment and income to sustain a healthy family living in Hawaii, many younger families have packed up and headed east, namely, Utah. Earlier this week I got together with a few young moms that I knew in Laie. We visited at the park and discussed the cheaper cost of living here, but how much we missed the balmy weather and cool ocean swimming. It was fun to have a Laie reunion in Utah county. After a few more friends move out here there will be quite a large group of former Laie residents in Utah county. Here are more of my pictures. The picture of the mother and baby is a shot of my former bishop's daughter and grandson.


3 SPLURTS:

JayandCassandra said...

Anyone I would know?

i'm erin. said...

Marissa Shum...she was married to Junior shum. Remember? also, Kahi winget and then I saw Julianne Muhlstien.

sanaejames photography said...

Your photos are looking great! So you will be taking our pictures when we get there, right? :)