Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Easy Light Cookin!

I have to first start this blog off by saying Thank You to my Sister-in-Law, Shari. For Christmas last year, Shari sent everyone in the family the greatest gift ever! The gift keeps on giving! Every so often I check my mail box and there is another addition of Taste of Home magazine/cookbook. In fact, now that I think about it, I probably never got around to sending a thank you or even saying "Thank You." So, Shari if you read this blog, THANK YOU!!! I absolutely love this magazine and I cook many of the recipes in it.

Thus, this blog is about a yummy recipe that I found in this magazine. I am a veggie lover and I love finding recipes that are simple, but healthy. The following recipe is for red potatoes and it can be found in the most recent Taste of Home.
(I did alter the recipe slightly so I wasn't breaking the copyrighting laws.)

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

8 medium red potatoes
4 large peeled carrots (optional)
1 Tb. olive oil
1 tsp. dried rosemary (crushed)
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper

Cut potatoes and carrots up into bite size chunks and place in a bowl. Drizzle remaining ingredients over the potatoes and toss untill well coated. Place potatoes in a lighty sprayed, with non-stick cooking oil, 9 X 13 or jelly roll baking dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Stir at least once during cooking.

This recipe is Yummy, so if you try it let me know!

1 SPLURTS:

Shari said...

Erin,
Thankyou for the praise but I must confess I did not send you the cooking magazine. I think that it said it was a gift from me because the person who sent it got the gift subscription card from my own magazine. Maybe they just let you all think that it was from me but it was not. It was actually sent by your thoughtful father in law. I really wish I could take credit. I tried a similar recipe from the book but all I did was use the cooking time and temp. Try this cut up your potatos and carrots then use Kraft Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing to coat them and cook them the same way as your recipe. We love them and talk about eassssy. Even my pickiest eater Sam loves them.
Love Shari