Thursday, March 22, 2007

George is 6!!!

Here is the birthday boy!




I can hardly believe that George is already 6! It seems like just a short time has pessed since Mark and I were struggling students, living in Orem and expecting our first baby. Yesterday we celebrated George's birthday by having a superhero training camp party. When George's friends showed up they each recieved a superhero name (i.e. Frost Man, Blaster, Speed o boy). As the kids arrived they were given a superhero mask to color and decorate and once they finished, they were awarded a special superhero cape (old cut up sheets with ribbon sewn as ties). We played superhero training games like pass the Kryptonite, toss the bomb away, save the musical planets and superhero superhero FLASH. After the games the kids ate corn dogs, chips, and veggies and then we cut into the superhero cake. The party was a lot of work, and I think next year we will just have a family outing, but George absolutely loved his party, so it made it worth the effort. Also, eventhough it sounds like this party would be expensive it actually cost just under 30 dollars for EVERYTHING!!! Thus, that is why I tried to be creative, I am always looking for a way to cut expenses.

6 SPLURTS:

Jesse said...

Happy Birthday George!!! Cute cake Erin!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Erin, crazy how time goes by! We can't believe Belle is 7 and Toby is 6...I have two in school! Sometimes I wish time would slow down a little...then I wonder when the little ones will grow up and learn to go to the bathroom by themselves! :)

Leslie said...

Wow - what a cute cake! I love the idea for your party - I wish I would have thought of that.

Marcie said...

What a fun party. You are so creative. I'm assuming that you made the cake, and it looks great!Happy Birthday, George!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Super-George!

Jerin said...

What a fun party. I want to play too!