Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Its a Miracle!!!

Actually...not just one miracle, but 2 miracles and one crap shoot! Yesterday George came screaming into our bedroom, "We got him dad, we got him!!!" Yes, it turns out one of our sticky traps trapped a mouse. (Miracle #1) Notice that I wrote "a mouse". I was excited that we had caught the infamous potato eating mouse. My day was really picking up since I have been sick for the last 2 days with Mastitas (spelling?). So last night, Mark and I went to bed and I was feeling pretty positive about our mouseless living situation. I slept so good that I was shocked when I woke up at 6:47 in the morning...shocked because Theodore slept through the entire night!!! (Miracle #2) I have never had a better nights sleep. He slept from 10:30 last night untill 6:47 this morning! This night was the night that I needed it the most...the mastitas is really wiping me out. I woke up this morning with a smile. Great sleep, No Mouse, its a wonderful world. Unfortunately one of my miracles was quickly overshadowed. When I walked into the kitchen this morning the first thing I noticed was a half eaten potato! ugh...

By the way, thanks for all the great mouse insight. WE did seal the hole yesterday, so I do not know how the mouse got in last night...any other suggestions?

OH, for those who do not know, Mastitas (spelling?) is an infection in the milk ducts...if you breastfeed your baby, you can get this infection. It feels like the worst case of flu all over your body and the infected area is red, swollen, hot, and the most painful area on the body.

3 SPLURTS:

A. said...

For the mastitis: Nurse as much as you can on that side. You need to get the plug out. Alternate warm and cold compresses. Get as much rest (HA!) and fluids as possible. In the shower massage the swollen area. If all else fails, you can put cool cabbage leaves on the area. You just have to be careful, because the cabbage can reduce your milk supply.
Never had it myself, but it sure was a hot topic amoungst my friends at the last LLL meeting since they have all had it more than once. Ouch! :(

Leslie said...

Hmmm, these mouse stories are sure adding up quickly. I think George is secretly harboring a mouse colony for pets over there.

Jerin said...

Oooh. I'd better go tell Wami about this Mastitis stuff. It sounds like she had it recently.