Sunday, November 26, 2006

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

For the first time in our lives, Mark, the boys and I spent Thanksgiving alone. Mostly this was a decision on our part because I was sick this week from Mastatis and I didn't feel up to a large group of people. However, spending Thanksgiving alone gave our little family a chance to really enjoy each other and be thankful for the blessing that we have. Mark and I spent the morning preparing a Thanksgiving dinner. Mark made the Turkey, stuffing and gravy, while I made the rolls, salad, green beans and mashed potatoes. We listened to Christmas music and the boys helped clean up the house. After our dinner George decided that we absolutely needed to set up the tree. We pulled out our decorations and Mark and the boys asembled the tree. After the lights were set, we decided we were all too tired to put the ornaments on so we cuddled up as a family, drank frozen hot chocolate (a little blender mix of mine) and listened to our Christmas tunes. Over the next couple days we fixed up the tree. NOte: George and Henry put most of the decorations on the tree, I just guided them and helped put the high ones on. Our quiet family experience this year really set the tone for Christmas this year. I am so thankful for our little family. I feel lucky to have two energetic little boys, and one sweet baby. I am grateful that Mark works hard at being a loving, caring father and husband and I am blessed to have supportive family and friends that I can always call at a moments notice when I need advice, help or just someone to chat with. Although the last year has been a great struggle for our family since Mark has been gone 16 or more hours a day with work and school in the evening, it has also made us appreciate our time together as a family. I know we are not perfect, but as a family we are working on being the best we can for each other. Thank you to all of our friends and family that keep in touch...we love you!!!

3 SPLURTS:

A. said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

I've heard that mastitus is bad...hope I never have to know personally. I hope you are recovered okay. Your tree is beautiful!

Nikki said...

We love your tree! It inspired me to fix my ribbons that looked all white-trash after being attacked by the Bun-bun.