Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One Last Project!!!

I spent the last few days organizing my home and remodeling some of the furniture. This first picture is a picture of our bedroom upstairs. Our upstairs is a loft, but one side is completely open and the other side has a door and is more private: our bedroom. I recently bought the large Armoir that you see on the left of the picture and the padded white chest at the foot of my bed. I found a great posting on Craigslist (this is one of my favorite websites). A military family moved here from Maryland and found that their new apartment would only fit 1/2 of their furniture, so he put an add on Craigslist and I found it!!! I purchased 5 great pieces of IKEA furniture for only $180.00. The Armoir and the white chest were 2 of the 5 pieces, in the next picture you can see two more of the pieces that I bought: a tall book shelf and a hutch book shelf.
This second picture shows the open area of our loft. We have turned it into our office/scrapbooking area. Now with the new bookshelves, we have a great way to organize all of our stuff!!!



And Finally, this third picture shows the remodeling that I did. If you remember my old post, the white furniture that you see in this picture used to be black with a shabby chic finish. I decided that since we were so close to the beach and the carpet was so dark, I would paint them white and change my accent colors to blues and greens. I did throw in the red pillow because I love red!

6 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

Wow - you always find the most amazing deals. So what is Craigslist? I need more info!

Marcie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcie said...

You always make your homes look so nice and cozy- you are great at decorating! P.S. I have browsed on craigslist before but never purchased anything there. I have seen nice pieces of furniture that friends have bought or even picked up for free! Your furniture looks great. :)

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki said...

You can come decorate my lovely Minot dwelling. I'll even feed you and your yungins'. I agree your homes always look nice and cozy kinda like Pottery Barn/Martha Stewart.

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Melancarkan Peredaran Darah
Cara Merawat Mata Agar Tetap Segar dan Sehat
Cara Mengatasi Gangguan Susah Tidur
Obat Herbal Untuk Nyeri Pinggang
Obat Nyeri Buang Air Kecil Pada Wanita
Obat Pembersih Usus Kotor
Obat Angin Duduk Tradisional
Slimming Capsule Alami
Obat Penyakit TBC Tulang Yang Terbaik
Jual Obat Diet Dengan Cepat Dan Aman