Sunday, September 24, 2006

ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE!!!

I have been wanting to go yardsaling since I returned from Utah, but because of Mark's busy schedule and our ever changing lives, I have only been able to go once. This is primarily because we live 1 hour from and decent yardsaling areas. I have been saying to Mark for the last few weeks that I would really like to save money this year and try to find most of the boys Christmas gifts at yardsales, and I really wanted to find a 3 in 1 playpen. Mark didn't really want to invest the time to drive an hour to yardsale and then not find anything that we needed, so I have held off and just kept it in the back of my mind.
Yesterday I just kept feeling like I would find what I needed if I went yardsaling this week, so I tried to find someone to go with me, but all my friends were busy, so this morning I begged Mark to go with me and he said ok. We went to 5 or 6 crummy yard sales, and we were about to give up. But I followed the sign to one more sale and guess what?!? They had exactly what we were looking for!!! I was so excited. All the toys in the top picture were brandnew, the still were in their plastic and in boxes! Then we found this great neutral color playpen! Besides these two items, I also picked up a few pairs of cute baby shoes, baby bibs, baby toys and tupperware (a must have in humid Hawaii). I have to say today was one of my best yardsaling days in a long time. I tell you what, the Lord answers prayers no matter how silly they are!!!

2 SPLURTS:

Leslie said...

You always find the best stuff at yardsales! I can't believe you even found NEW toys, let alone any worth buying.

Haley Hale said...

Only you can find great stuff at yardsales....