Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Five: traveling

Today I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 
A wedding to shoot before I go,
Then I'll be headed back to my home state, 
Lola the laptop and I have a hot date. 

When I'm traveling there are things I do
five must have's when I'm flying or going by floo

1. I talk. I'm that annoying girl you meet on a plane that will talk your ear off and ask you completely inappropriately personal questions because I'm so curious. People are fascinating and I want to learn all about their lives. Recently I met an IT guru that works in the oil industry and a real estate tycoon that owns half of Arizona, but likes to wear Tommy Bahama shirts, shorts, and slippa's (flip flops for those not from Hawaii.)

2. I watch. I like to go and sit and just watch. And not just the hotties, but anyone . . . like sweet homeless guy at the Starbucks in Huntington.

3. I shop. I have a thing for shoes. Ok, yes, it may be a problem. Please don't share this with my hubby, but the last two trips I went on to visit Jessie I bought a total of seven pairs of shoes. Really, it's Jessie who is to blame. Right?

4. I laugh. Mostly this happens when I'm watching people because people can be so dang funny. Or what they're wearing can be funny. I get that this makes me sound like a mean girl, but how can I not laugh when a guy cruises down Huntington Beach Main street wearing only lederhosen and he's drunk as a skunk? Funny stuff. 

5. I eat. To clarify, I eat candy. My favorite thing about going to new places is finding their local candy shops. Who doesn't like candy? Candy is my favorite. 

So really, as you can see I'm just like you and probably quite a bit more boring. I want to know what you like to do when you're on vacation or traveling around for your job. Care to share? Or whatever, just leave a spam comment. I'm a beggar, not a chooser. 

14 SPLURTS:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Usually I'm oblivious, so you're doing better than me! Hope the wedding shoot goes well.

prerna pickett said...

I have a shoe addiction as well... shhhh, mustn't tell the husbands. And people watching is lots of fun, and can inspire a new story idea.

ilima said...

I think Erin and Boring cannot exist in the same blog post. :) I am such a people watcher too. I watch Everyone and sometimes the husband has to nudge me to Quit Staring.

Patti said...

I've always been jealous of people who can just talk to anyone, but I love watching people. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, we would not travel well. I like to put on headphones and read, and personal questions scare me. Haha!

But I like candy. A lot of candy.

Emily R. King said...

Who doesn't like candy and shoes? :)

Jessie Humphries said...

I hereby ban you from buying one more pair of shoes in my presence! Mr. Summerill is going to hate me! And I wore my strappy mustard wedge heels last night on a hot date with Mr. Humphries, and he was so annoyed: 1) I was almost 6'5" in them and 2) lets just say he wasn't the only guy lookin'. Hee hee!

Jenny S. Morris said...

I stick my ear buds in before people like you can talk my ear off. LOL. I hope you have fun!!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Ha! One of my favorite things about going places with you is that you talk... And ask inappropriately personal questions. Who doesn't love that?

Jeigh said...

Hmm...I think we might be the same person...except I bury my nose in a book on airplanes and don't talk to anyone. But, I LOVE watching people, and laughing at them. I especially love watching all the college students here in town--OH THE AWKWARDNESS OF FIRST DATES. It's the best.

Angela Brown said...

Far from a bore. You are a hoot, Erin. And I won't tell your hubby a thing about the shoes. I promise. But I can't speak for the rest of the blogosphere lol!!

When I travel, I tend to want to put my headphones on and disappear or just hope the pain from the pressure in my ears won't cause a blood vessel to spontaneously combust.

Once at the traveling spot, I love to cruise or relax and observe...especially the hotties. And yes, I, too, will enjoy a giggle or three at fashion disasters as well *shame*

Rachel said...

I am a people watcher. And the woman who smiles sweetly at children and old folks. And chats with Europeans, but not so much with Americans for some weird reason. Maybe because Europeans are more open to chatting with strangers? Or because a good portion of my long flights were to Germany and back...a few times. And if I'm on a road trip, I'm the one with super loud music, car dancing, and drinking coffee in the middle of the night. Yeah, I'm that girl.

Kathryn Purdie said...

Hmm...do we have the same shoe size? I'll be happy to have any of your old castaways. :-)

I'm super curious like you, always asking waaaaay too many personal questions. But then I have the other side of me that just likes to be alone. I'm a walking conundrum!

Unknown said...

replica bags and shoes why not look here s9h10h9m42 replica bags and shoes replica bags wholesale mumbai hermes replica k3o25h7x69 replica bags ebay Check Out Your URL c5w84t3u61 gucci replica bags 7a replica bags