Tuesday, February 21, 2012

writing inspiration - M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE

I watched the Mickey Mouse Club, my parents took me to Disneyland, I've seen nearly all Disney movies ever made, and for me the ultimate vacation involves a day in one of the Disney parks.

It's no wonder that I think Walt Disney is a genius. If it weren't for the man's tenacity, creativity, and daring, my childhood would've been a sad state of kid affairs.


Disneyland may or may not be your ideal destination get-a-way, but I think we can all agree that the man created a legacy.

Walt believed, and said on many occasions, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

I believe this, but sometimes it's easy to forget.

I hope you have a great Tuesday. PURSUE AWAY!

21 SPLURTS:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Love EVERYTHING Disney. Seriously. This post made me happy! :D

Kate said...

Yes! Today I will pursue my dreams... but first I'm going to take a shower.

Angela Brown said...

Walt Disney, I agree, was a bona fide genius. I wonder what it was like to be in his presence during a brainstorming session?

Jay Noel said...

I hope to take my kids to Disney World, as they are at the perfect age now.

I wonder if rumors of keeping Disney under cryogenic ice is true...

JoMamma said...

I love Disney and I am counting down the months until I take my kids. This year it is our Christmas Gift.

Patti said...

I have never been to Disneyland. Isn't that awful, but I do believe we have to have courage to pursue our dreams.

Jenny S. Morris said...

I so needed this today. Thanks, Erin. I love Walt!!!

Leigh Covington said...

I agree. I love Walt. Love Disney. It's all amazing. He is so inspirational. As are YOU!

Jennie Bennett said...

Consider me in purist! Great quote :)

Precy Larkins said...

Lovely, and so true. Sometimes, we're the only ones holding back ourselves.

Disney was a genius, no question! And such an inspiration.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Walt Disney has the best quotes! He's quite the inspiring / innovate / creative giant.

Random weird fact: I've never been to Disneyland.

Iain said...

Some of my dreams are surreal, and down right weird! To be honest, I'm hoping those ones don't come true ;o)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He's proof that with a dream and determination anything is possible.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I totally adore Disney, and the Cinderella story has a special place in my heart. Some day I hope to make it to a Disney-land or World before my children are too old!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I'm a bit of a Disneyaholic. I have been called into interventions on numerous occasions but I was too busy rearranging my pins on my lanyard to show up.

I heard his head is frozen...is that true?

Sara B. Larson said...

I love all things Disney, too! In fact, we are doing a big family trip to Disney World again this December, because we all loved it so much when we went a couple years ago. :-) And yes, what an example of pursuing your dreams. He went bankrupt 7 times I believe. Him or someone else famous and rich.

Anyway.

I am also at a loss for what you could possibly be jealous about, btw. I mean, I know the huge open mouth of spinach is appealing, but really... ;)

Stacy Henrie said...

Fabulous quote! We own a bunch of the classic Disney movies - on VHS :) - and I still enjoy watching them.

Jessie Humphries said...

Are you craving a Disneyland trip right now or something?

Rachelle Christensen said...

I love his quote, "If you can dream it, you can achieve it."

Sarah Tokeley said...

I still want to visit Disneyworld one day, and I'm 41 :-)

Tara Tyler said...

total agreement! i'm an east coaster so my park is disney world. hope to visit the Land someday 8=)