Thursday, February 02, 2012

Lets get together. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

I may have been MIA, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been a silent lurker out there on your blog. And the one thing that's got me uber excited is the fact that lots of you are going to LTUE! (Woot Woot...yeah, I'm a geek.)

If you don't know what LTUE is then listen up. It is a supa-awesome writing conference that is held at UVU in Utah County. There's authors and a few traditional presentations, but mostly a lot of panels and some editors. I heard on the down-low that there would be some there. The best part is the conference is crazy cheap. 
(Go to ltue.org for more info.)

Anyway, since I creepily-stalk you all online, I figured it was about time to kick it with you in person...of course, in a non creepy way. Peggy Eddleman and I are going to have lunch in the food court, and would love to have everyone come join us! It'll be a party (except for we won't be doing anything illegal...at least, that's what we'll tell anyone asking. I'm teasing.) 
Mostly I want to see if you look like your picture, or if like me, you support Adobe' by Fotoshop. 

Basically, all the cool people are going. If you don't come you'll regret it for the rest of your life. 

Let me know if you'll be there!

Friday, February 9 at Noon in the food court (on the first floor, but we may eat upstairs).
Saturday, February 10 at Noon (same place).

And I've stolen their map and added a big arrow, for your directional enjoyment.

NOTE: I will be wearing something super cute. That's how you'll recognize me. Oh, and I'm brown because I'm part-Hawaiian. 

28 SPLURTS:

Cristina said...

I'm crying sad tears over here because I won't be there!! take pictures, so we can all see your cute outfit! :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

What I really want to know is what you are going to call the theme of your outfit. That's worth going right there!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

YAY! Hopefully I'll see you there! :D

Leigh Covington said...

OH.MY.HECK - you crack me up! LOL. I will totally be there! AND... I'll probably be there on Saturday too! Whoot-whoot! Is it sad that I needed the map? I did. I will be carrying a red rose. ;) See you there!

Jennie Bennett said...

I seriously can't wait!! I'll only be there Saturday but I can already tell that I'm going to have a blast!

Patti said...

Wow, wish I could join you, but Utah is a 15 hour drive away. Have fun.

Ruth Josse said...

I keep hearing LTUE is a crazy party. I have no idea what to expect but I'm so excited to find out!

Jessie Humphries said...

Dang it to f! I want to go so bad...but Mr humphries is a slave driver and making me go to Paris instead....:( let's facetime from the foodcourt!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, wrong side of the country!

JoMamma said...

Your part Hawaiian. I thought you just had a nice tan.

Brett said...

Erin,

My cousin, Robyn Infanger, pointed me to your site. I'm a publisher with a start-up firm based in Orem, and I'll be there at LTUE this year. Would you like to meet and discuss your novel? Or, may I join your gathering in the food court?
(I have not previously read or commented on your blog, so I thought it preferable to ask before appearing at your gathering.)

Thank you,
Brett

i'm erin. said...

Hey Brett,

Sounds awesome! Let's meet up.

Carrie Butler said...

I miss all the fun! :(

P.S. I have a sudden urge to watch The Parent Trap...

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

FYI, Friday is the 10th and Saturday is the 11th. LTUE has it wrong on their program--I had sent them an email about it, but maybe it didn't get fixed.

But I'm planning on going all three days, so I'll be there (if I can find the food court!) It will be fun to see you again and meet Peggy!

Iain said...

Welcome back to the blogsphere.
Hope you have a good time. (I'm green with envy that I can't be there)

David P. King said...

I'll be there! I'll be there! Can I sit with the cool kids in the lunch room? Seriously, I'm a UVU alumni. I know the campus well, so you won't get lost with me around. ;)

Shallee said...

Yay for LTUE!! Hope to see you there.

Taffy said...

Not only do I want to know the theme of your outfit but the color scheme we should all wear.
Tell me what to wear and I'll see you there! :)

Janet Johnson said...

Sounds awesome! So wish I could be there. Hope you enjoy!

i'm erin. said...

I'm sad for those that won't be there! Ugh. Maybe next year? Come on Iain, just pop over for a bit.

Charlie, You are so right! ha ha.

Carrie, I love the parent trap!

Taffy: Theme: "red"-ee to write. So basically wear red!

Sara B. Larson said...

I'm going to be there, yeah yeah yeah... :D

Jay Noel said...

Wish I could be there too, but alas, I live nowhere near Utah.

And I'm brown too!

Katie Dodge said...

I'll be there! Can't wait to see everyone in person!

Maggie said...

Dang. All the writing stuff is a definite draw to move to Utah (probably the biggest draw if I'm honest). Just teasing!

Jessica G. said...

So I'm thinking I will be going after all!
Let's chat about what classes you are thinking of taking!

Julie Daines said...

So awesome to get to know you better. You're an amazing girl and so dang nice! Thanks for organizing lunch!

Heather Taylor Price said...

So great to see you and other WFYR friends today!

Brett said...

Erin,

Huge apology here! This is Brett. I was at LTUE, and got so wrapped up in the Conference that I missed lunch on Friday... and therefore, didn't catch your group for lunch either. In fact, with the conference and travel, I completely forgot that I had made a mistake... until I sat bolt upright the other evening with realization.

So, again, my sincere apologies for missing the meeting. I am returning to Utah if you would still like to meet and discuss your book; just ask Robyn for my email address.

Thanks,
Brett