Monday, December 05, 2011

secret 18 of 100.

The secret: I cut my hair. 
 Five inches to be exact. 

See, I'm not like my sister Nikki who grows so much hair she can practically donate twelve inches a month to locks of love. No that's not me. 

I cut my hair because it's terribly thin.

After I had my first kiddo, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Which basically boils down to the fact that now I have thin hair and gain weight just looking at food. Once I even told a stylist at a salon that I had cancer because she kept commenting on how much thinner my hair was compared to other poly-girls. So now the only person who cuts my hair is my amazing friend Tammy because she just cuts and doesn't tell me that I bring shame to all the polynesian women of the world. 

The longer my hair grows, the stragglier it looks. And lately it's been looking awful.
As much as I would love to look like the gal from Splash when I walk out of the shower, that dream isn't in the cards for me. 

I figured Tammy was busy with Christmas stuff, so I just hacked it myself. I'm impatient and impulsive and balding. What can I say?



Now you know my real secret. If there was one part about myself I could change, it would be my hair. P.s. If you ever mention to me that my hair looks thin I might have to use my sweet bow staff skills on your butt.


What about you? Anything you would change if you could?

25 SPLURTS:

David P. King said...

I always liked that bit from SNL.

Long hair gets in the way sometimes. And you have bow staff skills? Bring it! :)

prerna pickett said...

I wish I was taller! I'm under five foot and it's impossible finding a pair of perfect jeans and cute dresses that don't fall down around my ankles when they're meant to be by your knees. And when I gain five pounds it looks more like fifteen on an average sized person.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, I'd like all the grey in my hair to go away!

Emily R. King said...

I have short hair, and I like it. But I can see why you wouldn't want to cut it. Most women prefer to have long hair.
I would change, oh my, where do I begin? I guess if I had to change one thing about me it would be my tummy. I've always wanted a completely flat tummy, but no matter what my weight is I have pudge beneath my belly button. It's gotten worse with each baby, and I've finally accepted it isn't going away.

Jay Noel said...

I grew up being beaten by bo staffs and escrima sticks, so I know the pain!

Love the Stewart Smiley reference.

Chelsea said...

I am polynesian and have thin hair too! Ugh! I hate it but you look cute with shorter hair!

Aubrey said...

You're gorgeous!

Maggie said...

I don't know if that picture is you or not, but if it is, GREAT JOB! Your hair looks really pretty. Hmmm. What to change? I guess I'd make my hips narrower. I have a small top so I'm kind of not proportional.

Melissa Pearl said...

Wow - you look great. Nice job :)

I'd love a new nose.. like Cleopatra - she had awesome nose, apparently :)

Iain said...

I don't think I'd change anything. Is that weird?

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I have thin hair, too--no matter how long it gets, my buns and braids will always look pathetically tiny.

I had no idea you had a thyroid condition! My mom has Hashimoto's herself. Guess all those aerobics pay off, eh?

A. said...

I've never thoguht your hair looked thin. it always appeared to have volume anyway.

Now, I would trade you my thick frizzy mane for your straight managable hair any day!!! Straight! That's what I want. I always envied my friend Vicki for her thin, straight, shiney hair. Oh how the grass is always greener.....

Jessie Humphries said...

You cut your own hair??? Who do you think you are? Johnny Lingo's bride Muhana? I dont know where that reference came from! Anyway, it looks totally "babe"...good job.
I would change the color of my hair for sure. When I was young it was as golden as the sun, now it looks like dirty dish water and I have to keep my highlight girl on payroll.

The Horn Family said...

My dear Erin, I have a confession for you! My last haircut was done with you and your gorgeous, thick looking hair in mind! I trimmed my hair to look like yours because of one of your pictures! I love your hair! It may be thin, but looks lush and beautiful!

By the way, I'm really not stalking you!

Kristine said...

It looks great! I think you have beautiful hair. Always. Seriously.

i'm erin. said...

Maggie! This is me. For real.

Jenni Cade! How I love you. I wish we lived closer so we could really catch up. You're the best.

Melissa Sarno said...

Your hair looks really thick to me! You look so lovely. I'm going to pretend there is nothing about myself that I would like to change physically-- as a way to convince myself that it is true :)

Cristina said...

your hair does not look thin at all, it's gorgeous. and I am NOT just saying that. you are super adorable.

I've always wanted jet black hair.. um, kinda like yours.. and if I did, I would wear it super short. I think short black hair on women is super hot... and clearly, I love the word super.. and I think you're super

DEZMOND said...

wanna take my hair? I have none :PPP
The pic is lovely, Erin :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love it!

It's so thick and lush, like midnight cascading down your back.

I've seen your bow staff skills.

Leigh Covington said...

You are too cute. My hubby wants me to butch my hair & I love short hair, but not sure if I can pull it off. That being said, I did have it butched a long time ago. hmmm.

I would change my legs. Seriously - they are awful. Big ol' fat thighs and no calves. They seriously look like chicken drumsticks. I hate it.

Jennie Bennett said...

I just cut my hair too! 11 inches :) I like my hair but I hate my gigantic nose. If only I could fix that with a simple trim!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Love it! I used to have long hair, but chopped it when I had my third baby. :) Sometimes I miss it, but my hair is SO HEAVY. It gave me a headache a lot.

And you have bow staff skills? SWEET! :D I'd love to see those! Just not demonstrated on me... :)

Sarah Tokeley said...

Okay, if that picture is of you after you cut your own hair, your are both beautiful AND a talented hairdresser :-)

I have very thin hair too. No reason, it just is. I always wanted lovely long hair but it stops growing at a certain point, and all the bottom has to be cut off :-(

Nikki said...

I wish I never had a c-section. I think I will forEVER have this c-section belly flap. Grossssss.

And I'm with Amy-- I'd change my hair for your hair. Shiny smooth-- not frizzy, thick and always hot.