Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm getting older Goals.

Today I'm older. I guess that's true everyday, but since I was born on this day 33 25 years ago, it seems like I've aged in a more permanent way. And so I feel compelled to come up with a list of goals.

In the next year I will: 
1. Finish all the revisions on my book.
2. Find a Kick-A Agent
3. Make an effort to write non-crap.
4. Stop drinking Carbonation.
5. Yes, you read that right. That means good bye Coke Zero. Good bye Diet Coke. Good bye life.  (I figured since this life changing goal is so huge it should take up two goal spots on the top ten.)
6. Run two half-marathons so essentially I can say I ran a marathon.
7. Read to my kids every day.
8. Go to Europe.
9. Make a million dollars.
10. Continue to mourn the loss of Michael Jackson.

Of course, I don't know if they'll all happen in that order. But that pretty much sums up my goals for the next year.

What are your 2012 Goals?

32 SPLURTS:

Jennie Bennett said...

Your blog is such a breath of fresh air! I love #'s 5, 9, and 10. I think I better add those to my list as well. Happy Birthday!!!

Kimberly Krey said...

I think I'm going to make your list my list. Except for the Diet Coke thing; I plan on being happy and that would most likely get in the way.
Hope you have a great B-day, Lovie!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The sixth one is funny! I wonder how many hundred yard dashes it would take to equal a marathon?
Hope you hit all your goals!
Mine's to write one more book...

Jenny S. Morris said...

#6 is brilliant. Although I have to actually get out there and RUN to accomplish that. That is one of my biggest non-writer goals-run my butt off, literally.

Hope you have a great 25th birthday.

Chelsea said...

Good luck with the no soda goal! That is a hard one! I'm personally in love with Diet Coke! :)

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I'm hoping on your #2, for both of us!

prerna pickett said...

awesome, and very doable goals ;-).

Kristine said...

Next time I'm at harts and want to get you a drink, I'm going to cry a little. I finally got your recipe memorized. Haha!

Seriously though, I want to copy a few off your list too!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Wow, I could not give up my diet coke!

Happy Birthday :-)

Sara B. Larson said...

You are going to run 2 halfs... AND the dirty dash with me, right?? Happy birthday again!! When are we going running? And writing? And shooting my daughter??? ;) Your life will be better without the carbonation... eventually.

Amanda Olivieri said...

Great list!! Good luck with them all. I should add #9 to my list :)

Leigh Covington said...

Love it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I gave up pop a long time ago and then this past year I started drinking it again. AGH! I mostly just drink it when I go out to eat, but it sucks. Better to stay away from it. You'll love it.

Is it sad that I haven't set my goals yet? Guess I better get to it.

Anonymous said...

What will Harts do if you give up carbonation?

Jessie Humphries said...

Wow...lofty goals. I looked at my 2011 goals yesterday...twas depresseing: 3/25. I got 3 out of friggin 25! Suck a duck!

Peggy Eddleman said...

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Second, it's good to see that you are going to continue to mourn the loss of Michael Jackson! I'd have to worry about you if that weren't there.

McKenzie McCann said...

It's so interesting to hear about someone else contemplating their age. I would've never thought you feel compelled to set goals for yourself as you get older. I'll keep this in the memory bank.

SummShine said...

For my sake I am hoping for #8 of course it will need to be before August...most likely. Happy Birthday!
Kate

SummShine said...

For my sake I am hoping for #8 of course it will need to be before August...most likely. Happy Birthday!
Kate

Jay Noel said...

Happy Birthday! It's not fun having a birthday so close to Christmas, right? Mine is just before, and people forget mine. I guess you get lost between Christmas and New Year's.

No matter.

I think my list is identical to yours, actually. Especially the non-crap part. Here's to a crap-less 2012!

Cristina said...

I mourn for Michael every single day.. sigh!

Just SO said...

My goals are less lofty a 5k and to move extra hard for 30 min a day. I may try to give up the hard stuff but I'm not sure I can.

Rachel said...

I'm with you on #'s 1, 2, & 3. :)

Aguilar Elliot said...

hahaha...good list of goals!

Sophia Chang said...

Erin you're HILARIOUS!!!!!! I'm so glad I met you through NaNoRevYe

Patti said...

I can now call you a birthday buddy, because we share the same birthday, except I'm a few years older.

Love your goals, especially the Michael Jackson one.

David P. King said...

Excellent goals. I plan to be a better commenter and not just a reader. I wouldn't mind #2 myself, because I need a swift kick in the ...

Don't know if you got my emails, but yes. I'm totally taking up your offer to hang out with your CP group. Let me know when and I'll head over.

Happy New Year! :)

I left an award for you at my blog.

Precy Larkins said...

You go, girl! 2 half marathons totally count as 1 full marathon. ;D

Janet Johnson said...

I just signed up for a 1/2 marathon! And there is no way you could get me to do a 2nd one. Go you! :)

Iain said...

Belated: Hippo Birdie Two Ewes :o)

Maggie said...

I hope you had a great birthday, and if it is 33, you look more like 25 :)

Nikki said...

4. I gave up caffeine last year. I'm surprised I stuck to it. The giving up carbonation pretty much went along with it. Why waste those fizzy bubbles on something lame like Sprite? I can breathe better-- that's for sure. And I have less headaches.

6. I want to run a marathon one day. But it's not this year. unfortunately.

7. Good goal. Before you know it you'll hardly remember when you didn't.

8. Maybe that will happen this year. How awesome would that be?!

9. Maybe if I get a reality show. hahahahaha riiiight.

10. who? *snort*

Shallee said...

Woot for 2012! Sounds like you've got some great plans this year.

I had a goal to run a half-marathon this year, too...and then I got pregnant, so that'll be a 2013 goal. Right now, my goals are to survive potty training, finish my book and query it, and grow a new human being. I figure those ought to give me plenty to do...