Friday, September 09, 2011

writing inspiration - something about a ring.

I love LOVE. I love reading about Love and though I'm not published (yet...one day, one day) I love writing about Love. Frankly, if there isn't a romance plot line in a novel you have to prod me to read it. As the saying goes, Love makes the world go round.
I suppose this is why I'm so drawn to shooting weddings. The euphoria that surrounds a couple madly-in-love, about to take the plunge and vow their lives together is an addictive feeling. Though my feet are usually beat when I return home from a wedding, I have a smile plastered on my face and I'm often in the mood to pull out LoLa (my laptop) and go at it for awhile.
In fact, since I started really shooting weddings four years ago, I've written six novels. All with a strong romance plot line. And since I spend all day editing photos, sometimes just seeing a photo will inspire me to write.
I shot this photo at a wedding a week ago. Every time I look at it, my fingers start itching to get LoLa back from the Mac store where she's receiving a needed face lift. There's something about this ring that makes my heart fall in love again and again. As soon as LoLa returns I'm off to writer-land again where I can polish the chapters of my latest novel.

Ah, love true love...

9 SPLURTS:

tammy said...

You're right. It's a smashing photo. What happened to LoLa?

Haley Hale said...

I really love that photo. It is FABULOUS!

i'm erin. said...

LoLa's face had a line in it, so they replaced that.

Kristine said...

And you do a great job at it too! That shot should be a cover to one of your books!

Peggy Eddleman said...

This is seriously one of the BEST photos I've seen. EVER.

And yay writing!

Jessie Humphries said...

Look at you being all writer-ly. Where did that come from? LOL.

Rach said...

OH YES, fabulous photo. Those heals & the ring....just FAbulous!

Junior and Marissa said...

Just thought i'd throw it out there that this photo could totally be the cover of a book. So when you get Lola back, write a killer story inspired by this pic, you've already got the cover. just sayin!

Unknown said...

That really is a terrific photo. You're very talented!