Monday, September 19, 2011

secret 6 of 100

When Mark asked me to marry him (for the second time...the first is another story all together) I said yes. Obviously. But my secret is I wasn't entirely sure I should say yes. In fact, I almost wondered if I should say no. His family and my family were gathered around and it was Christmas Eve and I couldn't help but be caught up in the romance of it all. You know I'm such a Love-nut. And I loved him more than anyone or anything.

But the next day when I woke up to stare at that shiny diamond attached to my left ring-finger, I wondered if I made the right choice. It's not that I didn't want to marry the man. I just wondered if he really was "the one". My stomach clenched that I possibly said "yes" a little to hastily. I'd answered before I'd prayed about it...before the earth quaked beneath my feet because he was, indeed, "the one."

If I was wrong, how would I turn around and tell my family that I'd made a mistake? A small greedy part of me wondered if I would have to give back the sparkly diamond? Dang it all.

That morning I rolled out of bed on to my knees and prayed. I prayed so fervently to God that he would let me know Mark was meant for me. And you know what happened? A whole lot of nothing! Days passed, and I prayed and prayed again. I would pray silently while we were together and loudly when we were apart. I loved him so much and I wanted him to be mine. But I also wanted that earth-shattering confirmation that YES he was the one.
Time passed and before I knew it, it was my wedding day. That morning as I put on my make-up and curled my hair, I said one last prayer. I told God that if Mark was the wrong one then he better stop me from going through with the wedding because I loved Mark more than life itself and I wanted him and no one else.

Well, you know what happened? In the middle of the ceremony I got my answer. Mark's gaze met mine and in that moment I could see all the times that I'd received an answer to my prayer. All the times I knew we were perfect for each other. All the times God had really answered my prayers.

He was mine and I was a happy girl...even if I didn't know he was "the one" when I said yes.


 

12 SPLURTS:

Jenny S. Morris said...

This is such an amazing story. I love how God doesn't shout, he shows! You guys are so cute!

Kristine said...

Awe! I love that photo of you two. You two make such a cute couple.

Brekke - Felt Photography said...

I totally cried. What an awesome story.

Sara said...

You are such a beautiful couple! What a lovely story. :)

Abby said...

Aw- this is funny and all sorts of emotional at the same time. I love it. You are beautiful, and you've got a very handsome "the one" husband to match. :) I'm so glad you shared this.

lovin' my 6 said...

Gabe is sittin' here with me today. Thanks for the giggles. We have had a ball just reading and laughing . . . and, YES, we want donuts now.

i'm erin. said...

Oh Awesome Stacie, I'm so glad you guys stopped by.

Zumba Emily said...

That's so so cute Erin. I love reading all your little secrets and everything else you post. I've missed you.

Katie Dodge said...

What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing. :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love that story! I think you two are absolutely perfect for each other. (And you're both unbelievably photogenic.)

Shari said...

Well at least you said yes. I made my husband wait before I gave him an answer and I still haven't heard the end of it.

Keisha Azzalea said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jamu Pelangsing Green World
Nutrisi Sehat Untuk Pertumbuhan Anak
Nutrisi Untuk Diet Sehat
Obat Herbal Penggemuk Badan
Obat Migrain Menahun
Obat Herbal Pengencer Darah
Obat Herbal Pelancar Buang Air Besar
Cara Ampuh Atasi Jerawat Dengan Cepat
Suplemen Untuk Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Untuk Masa Pertumbuhan Anak