Friday, September 16, 2011

doughnut craze.

I've never been a doughnut lover. But every time I go to Pictureline in Draper, I'm strangely tempted by the doughnut shop that sits just around the corner. The shop, Beyond Glaze, suits its name perfectly. They sell glazed doughnut creations that could be considered art. Each tempting delight in the store will make your mouth water...except for maybe the "maple and bacon" signature doughnut. I'm adventurous when it comes to sampling doughnuts, but not insane. And in case you're wondering, yes the maple bacon doughnut has actual bits of bacon on it's maple frosted top. Moving past that doughnut, I broke down and bought a half-dozen others. It was such a hard choice. Which only means next time I'm at Pictureline, you can be sure I'll go to Beyond Glaze too.
These yummy treats are a little on the pricey side, but totally worth it. I bit each one of my half-dozen and couldn't decide which was my favorite. And no, I didn't get any weird looks when I brought home a box of bite-marked doughnuts. That's kind of how my family rolls. And consider this post fair warning that if you stop by my house and there's a treat out, there may or may not be a bite out of it.

If you haven't been to Beyond Glaze, you should make a trek over soon. I'm certain you'll become an instant fan. My kids were. And they've been bothering non-stop to go back and buy more.

Question of the Day:
For all you Writers out there, what's your favorite writing treat to eat while you're tapping away on those keys? Mine is usually M&Ms and Diet Coke, but I might trade it out for a doughnut from Beyond Glaze.



8 SPLURTS:

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm not sure I could EAT those. Just stare, stare, and stare some more. They're so darn pretty!

And my favorite writing treat is caramel popcorn ;) and Diet Coke.

Aubrey said...

I love their doughnuts! The only one I have tried that I thought was strange was their mint chocolate, it was more of a spearmint than a normal mint...it tasted like eating toothpaste...kind of. But I love all the others!

Jessie Humphries said...

Surprisingly the maple and Bacon sounds delish. Cute little ruby!

Kristine said...

Mmm... you make me want those now. NOW!

Jenny S. Morris said...

We have a place in Portland called Voodoo Donuts and they do donuts like these. They always have a huge line around the corner, so we don't get them much. But they are really good.

I like drinking coffee, and eating cookies when I'm writing.

RaShelle Workman said...

Wow, those donuts look delicious. I love gummi worms when I'm writing. But I would trade them out for those donuts... though I might not be able to get out of my chair afterwards. Eeep! Yum! Love! *sigh*

Taffy said...

Yumola! I gained a few pounds as I drooled over the pics. Then I had to towel off the keyboard.
I like M&Ms while writing too! I eats lots of mints too if I'm feeling too fat from the M&Ms.

Shari said...

I LOVE those doughnuts. They are to DIE for!