Thursday, May 12, 2011

food glorious food...and other conference pictures

In January I stopped eating sugar and drinking caffine. Well, mostly. Alright, so it was a little hard when we went on vacation to California, and then even harder when Harts (my city's beloved gas station) has free drink day, but the hardest when I went to a writing conference last week and EVERYBODY was drinking and eating what I wanted.

So yeah, I broke down. I drank the Diet Coke and ate the M&Ms. I swear I wasn't thinking about food and soda the whole time, but when I look back at the pictures I took, I wonder if maybe I was just fooling myself.

You decide.

 That's a snickers.
 Yeah, and a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Yum.
 An apple. So I was trying to stay healthy...at least in thought.
 Soda!!!
 Food, glorious Food!
 Yes a gummy worm. And sadly, if she offered it to me I would have eaten it from her nose.
These may be the unfortunates that didn't win a Whitney at the 2011 Whitney Awards,
but I just see them as Cheesecake lovers.

Yes, I'm guilty of being a food lover.
Sigh.
luv, erin

5 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

I'm concerned that you really would have eaten that from her nose.

Looks like it was way fun! Now I want a pretzel....

Molly said...

holy smokes...no sugar or caffeine. That's my dream but I'm far too chicken to try it! How about you write a bloggity on that and tell us all the pro's so that I finally can get strong enough to try it...for a week.

Kristine said...

Hahaha! Peggy is going to LOVE that photo of her! lolo
And, Erin, you have a problem. I do too, so I'm not pointing fingers, I'm saying we should start a support group. Haha!

Anonymous said...

i love food too. I love junk food. but I don't have enough will power like you.

Sara B. Larson said...

That reminds me... I was going to ask you about those hot tamales we ate at the movie. When I got home, I thought, "Hey, wait! Isn't she on a sugar free diet?" ;)