Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Intern: i darn near got a tear in my eye

Today Intern suprised me.

Fifteen minutes before Intern was scheduled to show up at my house, Mark (my main squeeze) called and said his truck died. Let it be known now that I told him I had a similar problem with his ghetto old truck. I suggested that he take the key out, let the car think for a bit, and then put the key back in. He said he'd already done that and it was clear that the battery was completely dead. So I drove out to Orem to rescue the man.

As soon as I got there, I walked over to the truck, and (just for nothing but a little bit a curiousity) I turned the key so the car was completely off. I took the key out of the ignition and let the car think for a half second. Then I put it back in, and guess what...

That POS ghetto truck started up right then and there. Mark was flabbergasted...and I (muah ha ha ha) didn't at all rub it in.

So seeing as I saved the day, I decided it would be ok if Intern had to wait a moment or two for me. I took myself to the HARTS to get me a cool 32oz.

And who do you suppose I found at the Harts buying, not one but, two icy 32oz drinks?

That's right. Intern.

Finally, she's learning a thing or two from my wisdom-ish ways. I could cry right now.

6 SPLURTS:

Kristine said...

Woohoo! You are training her right! I'd like an intern just for that!

JoMamma said...

She is a very smart intern. I agree with Kristiner and I want an intern as well. Does anyone know of anyone who wants to follow a 9 month pregnant woman around and listen to me complain about well almost everything.

i'm erin. said...

Joann, I'm signing up now! That sounds awesome.

Krystal said...

Oh Erin, I love your stories, and especially love how you refer to things like "the Harts" and "the BYU". We do the same thing.

Thank you so, so much for your help on the blurry pictures, I was able to salvage a few so at least there will be some printing from the pictures I took. You're a life-saver.

Peggy said...

It's amazing how you can get people to do that for you. More than once, I've gone to "the" Harts to buy two cool 32 ouncers, and saw someone else I know buying two cool 32 ouncers. When I ask, "Whatcha up to," they say, "Buying a drink for Erin." I think you should teach a class on how to do that. Cuz it's seriously a gift.

Fullmer Family said...

Awwww, she must be growing up! :) Older and wiser.