Monday, January 11, 2010

so, remember how I said I wouldn't shoot any more family shots?


I totally lied.  Well, not on purpose, but when Jamie called and asked me to take blessing pictures of beautiful Shaylee,
well come on now, I couldn't resist her china doll face.  Isn't she a doll?
Baby girls that look like little dolls steal my heart.


I love this next shot so much for her big blue eyes and the little line of drool. 
Priceless!



ah.  sleep.

(there's nothing as beautiful as a sleeping baby.  When my boys and Ruby were younger I would watch them sleep and kiss on their little ears and feel so happy that I had them in my life.)


Photography Note:  I took all these shots in my home using window light.  If you are ever in a bind and need studio lighting quick, just open the the curtians or blinds of the largest window when the sun is pouring in.  If the sun is too harsh and casting too many shadows, just put up a thin white curtian to filter the light.  And voila! 

7 SPLURTS:

Kahilau said...

Please don't stop taking family photos. I still have not gotten it together enough to have you take ours. I want my babies to look that cute! Great job!

Luke and Jamie Sievert said...

Freak, Erin, they look awesome! Thank you so much!

JoMamma said...

I did not see one family picture. Ha ha ha. Those Blessing Pictures are beautiful. Makes me want a baby girl.

Shelby said...

Beautiful! She really does have gorgeous eyes & skin--and the lighting is perfect!

Shelby said...

p.s.--love your new header. It's beachin'.

The Dixon Family said...

You are so gifted, Erin! Love the new header too.

Kayleen said...

Beautiful as always!!