Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You'll be Proud of Me

If you know me, you know that I love to try all the new restaurants out there. In fact, I don't think I've eaten at the same place twice.

NOT! (Uh, Wayne's World flash back)

Let's be honest about this folks, I have three favorites. Count Em' THREE:

1. The OG (Olive Garden)
2. Macaroni Grill
3. Los Hermanos

Why you ask? Simply because I know what I'm going to get in return. I know that when I fork over my fifteen dollars, I'll get back a dish (the same one I always order at each place) that will make my rumbling tummy happy and warm. A few years back when we moved to Hawaii, I went through a mini restaurant depression because I couldn't have my favorites. I was forced to go out and try new things and places. Did that help me grow as a food taster? HECK NO. The day we moved back from Hawaii I ran, skipped, hopped and jumped my way down to the OG. Thank the good Lord for warm bread sticks and all you can eat salad.

Over the years I've been badgered by friends who don't quite see the same way I do. (Quacks) But, after much heckling and nay-saying, I've taken the leap. I went with some friends to Terra Mia in Orem and FELL IN LOVE. The gelato sang my name in a melodious soprano that's still calling out to me. Sigh. It was divine.

So now, If you want to go out to dinner, you have four restaurants to choose from. Count Em' FOUR:

1. Terra Mia
2. The OG
3. Macaroni Grill
4. Los Hermanos

You know you want to dig into some of that Gelato. Try the Hazelnut. It's soooooooo good.

14 SPLURTS:

Finn and Tracey Family said...

YEAH!!!! I think if you hang with us some more, I think we might just expand your taste buds some more...

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Wow...now that looks good! But do they have other food there besides dessert? Not that I mind eating in reverse, but I was just curious!

i'm erin. said...

Oh totally. They have pastas and the best pizzas!

Kira said...

So, hate me if you want, but I wasn't so impressed with the gellato at Terra Mia. I know I was comparing to what is in Italy, and I know we aren't in Italy. But no way does Terra Mia make my top 5.

gurrbonzo said...

MMMmmm, Los Hermanos...

Kristina P. said...

There's a gelato place up the street from us, in Murray, that's delightful.

When my husband's family comes into town, we always go to Los Hermanos or Brick Oven.

Sara said...

Ooh, that gelato looks delicious!! I want some. now. Bring it to me immediately. ;-) I'm glad you're broadening your horizons!

Kahilau said...

Yeah for gellato, we have just discovered a place in provo with the yummiest we have ever had. If you are down this way try Maestros on Center street! So yummmy! By the way, I am with you on trying new restaurants, I hate wasting my money on something I don't like.

Aubrey said...

Oh man, hazelnut! Erin I simply love you! ;)

Cruise to the Max said...

The pizza was really good. It was different than I have ever had. The gelato was awesome as well. I have never had ice cream with similar flavors. It was seriously the best soft serve ice cream ever. The owner is from Italy and the gelato machine is as well.

Robyn said...

So where is this place?

Fullmer Family said...

I've been in a restaurant depression for, let's see, ELEVEN YEARS now!! That is the exact time I've lived in this restaurant deprived land that people call the Last Frontier!! I swear when I go to Utah I come home about 10 pounds heavier. Heck, I gotta make up for lost time! :)

Unknown said...

You MUST MUST try the Blue Lemon Bistro in Highland. It is amazing and unique and everything is devine.

Rachel said...

Okay, I realize I just commented with my daughters gmail account. That is what happens when you give your six year old a gmail login. Anyway, it was from me. I'm crazy and I'm going to stop typing now.