Tuesday, June 23, 2009

hmm.

Just thinking here.

ON the topic of high school boys:

  • Really?!? Is it really that cool to wear the low riding tight legged jeans, completed with a mimicked Zac Effron Do' and a chest hugging v-neck t-shirt? Really?!? I am so glad I went to high school over ten years ago . . . If not, I seriously doubt I would have dated or ever kissed a boy.

ON the topic of FACEBOOK:
  • I don't know you. I'm pretty dang sure you don't know me, but yet, you insist on trying to add me as a friend. So what do I do? Of course I add you. At heart, I'm a softy. Does that mean I'm opening myself up for some life-scam or identity fraud? Sure. But life's about the risks right?
  • Just to clarify though, I'm going to add you, but don't think I'm going to spend time joining your whacked groups or playing Mafia. I am so over that.

ON the topic of WT kids:

  • No need to panic, WT = white trash. Yeah, so it was my kid running around the Orem ball park in only a t-shirt and a pull-up. So what if he was stained blue by the sno cone and mud streaked. He's a friggin' boy!
  • Did that come across un 'PC'? I apologize. If you let your little girl run around in a filthy diaper, caked in high fructose corn syrup and mud, I promise not to throw darting glares in your direction and hiss under my breath about your poor parenting.

13 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

I stay away from Facebook as much as possible. It stresses me out.

Rach said...

whatever..you know you secretly hiss under your breath at them! hahahhahahhahahahah...good thing you clarified what WT meant, cause I sure didn't know. I'm out of the "cool" loop. Maybe you are getting your lingo from the Zac Efron wannabee boys. hahahhaha.

Weight Family said...

LOL! Love it. And for the record Zac Efron is totally hot!

Sara said...

Oh come on, you don't think all those skinny, greasy, girl-clothes-wearing boys are sexy as all get out?? Really??

Seriously though, I completely agree. And I'm terrified for what will be happening in HS by the time my boys get there. And I pray all the time that they will be normal, sports-loving, nice dressing boys who look like BOYS.

We need to all get together soon! I love the OG, and my sis works at the Provo one... but doing a potluck would be fun too. But I can't do July 10 or 11 'cause my hubby is going to be out of town. Could we do it another night (17 or 18)? If not, I understand, and I'll catch the next one. :-)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

at least you weren't the one letting your 2 yr old skinny dip in the gallivan center pond (downtown SLC) yesterday. It was one of the best WT kid displays I'd seen in some time!

Carterista said...

I'm glad I'M not in HS right now. Skinny leg jeans do not look cool on a "mom" body.

Janette Rallison said...

You crack me up because it's all so true!

Krystal said...

You know, you can always remove the people you don't know from your facebook friends, after a while of friendship and no contact from you they probably won't even notice. My husband even removes people he does know if he gets annoyed with all their groups and whacked junk.

The Dixon Family said...

I loved the WT comment. When I let my kids run around like that they're thrilled.

JoMamma said...

I can't remember the last time my kids had a bath. does that make me WT.

kellieanne said...

The boys from my high school years wore make up and earrings. Boy Georgish. I'm just not sure if the skinny jeans are any better.

My daughter greeted me this morning with a large koolaid stained grin. Apparently she went to bed with it. Summer's great.

i'm erin. said...

ahhh kelli and Joann, you make me feel so much better.

big8smiley said...

Ok, so I just about took off Alexandra's clothes on Saturday and let her run around in a diaper because she was FILTHY at our family reunion. Her clothes were ruined and I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. But I held back . . . and so glad I did. That was a close-call WT moment!