Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday's Fit Tip Mania: Recipes

I opened the fridge today and my eyes glazed over as I scanned the left over contents from our baby blessing lunchon - all items that are not 'health' conscience. What to do? I opened cupboards and looked in drawers for something to snack on and felt the pressure of all those little goodies stacked away calling out my name. "Youhoo! Erin, come EAT me...I taste sooooooooo good!" Agghhhhh you fiendish, health destroying, savory, scrumptious snacks. Leave me alone...which of course I couldn't leave them alone. (hmmm...thought to myself, Am I really the one handing out fit tips?) Today's fit tip is for you.

ASK THE AUDIENCE: Got any healthy snack ideas or recipes...Please PLEASE PLEASE share.


need your help. Luv, erin

14 SPLURTS:

Kristina P. said...

I am so the wrong person to ask. I had about 6 Hershey's Kisses today.

Honey and Hotstuff said...

I have an incredible recipe for artichoke spinach lasagna that is pure energy food!! and is yummy!!! allrecipes.com is great website for great food.

JoMamma said...

I'm so bummed that I missed the blessing. I hope that everything went well.

You need to take a plate of goodies to someone who was not at your blessing. That way you will get the temptation out of your house. Oh did I mention I was sorry that I was not at the blessing. Hint Hint.

Just Kidding I don't need your yummy food.

i'm erin. said...

hey Honey, I would love love love your recipe for artichoke spinach lasagna! Please email me it or just post it here. My email is erinsummerill(at)hotmail.com

A. said...

I like to buy bags of baby carrots, sugar snap peas, and sugar plum tomatoes (see a theme? :P ). I take them out with the kids and I. That and Veggie booty, rice cakes, "fig newtons" by Barbara's Bakery, etc..

Emerson Experiment said...

Hi Erin-thanks for sending me the spreadsheet...I'm so excited to start...well one tip I heard is that when you wanna eat something and you shouldn't GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH...that's an instant appetite killer. Minty taste makes u forget what your tongue wanted to taste...!

A. said...

I just had to post again because I just realized what your "Comments" line read. Bwahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki said...

haha I think having triplets is mind-boggling too. eek

Haley Hale said...

Aaron signed me up for something called "e-mealz" for christmas. Basically, you pay $15 a month, and they come up with a weekly menu and recipes. The ones I get have Weight Watchers points posted with the meals. The meals have been yummy and healthy. We have almost entirely changed the way we eat around here.

big8smiley said...

HA HA! I feel your pain! I have superbowl party leftovers haunting me. I did good and had a grapefruit for a snack after lunch instead of cheeseball and crackers - which means they are still there waiting to be eaten! I'LL BE BACK!!!

Honey and Hotstuff said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Artichoke-Spinach-Lasagna/Detail.aspx

That is the link for the lasagna recipe!! Great for your heart, liver and full of fiber.

I am a mother! said...

I really like laughing cow cheese on Wasa brand crackers. It's a super low cal and very filling snack. I also like 100 cal fudge pops.

I'm going to try that lasagna recipe out! It looks sooooo good!

Ashleigh said...

I made the spinach & artichoke lasagna for dinner tonight - SO YUMMY :) And healthy! We used low fat cheese, whole wheat lasagna noodles and fat free broth. Excellent!

i'm erin. said...

ohhh Faith, that sounds good, do you just get the crackers and cheese at walmart?

Ashleigh, where did you buy the whole wheat lasagna noodles? That sounds good. I am glad Honey and Hotstuff posted the recipe. Mark is going to start liking my cooking :)