Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Shot of the Day


WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THIS SHOT, HERE IS THE RECIPE:
I shot this over the weekend in my front room using my studio lighting. I used an umbrella light as the primary light (see the round light in her eyes), and a soft box as the secondary. I purchased material at Joanns and used that as the back drop. Then in post editing, I used photoshop and TOTALLY RAD ACTIONS. For this shot I used: Boutwell Magic Glasses, Lux, Prettyizer (at 20 %) and then Boring Sepia. If you are ever interested in how I got a certain look to a shot, feel free to email me and I will share some tips! Have fun shooting...and more fun editing!

16 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Erin that shot is priceless! What a beautiful shot.

tammy said...

Beautiful picture Erin....how are you going to get some pictures with Ruby and you in them? Hmmmmm, I know! You could teach your "assistant" how to do studio shots with you as the guinea pig!

Bobbi said...

Wow. I didn't understand a word you just said, but that photo seriously rocks! I love it!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

love that shot, it's georgeous!

Weight Family said...

So, I take it you are a photographer... I could have used that bit of information about 4 days and $200 ago! Blah, I am such a sucker for pictures. Super cute photo. Your baby girl is so cute! Girls are the best because they get to be the cutest babies!

kellieanne said...

That is a great picture! So tender to have a shot of Mark and his little girl!

Fullmer Family said...

So great Erin!! I love photo tips, I'm a real dummy! I have taken two photography classes and it's so fun, but when I'm really trying to take a good picture, it never seems to turn out. When I'm just messing around, they are a little better...So, I love ANY and ALL tips and ideas!! Truly inspiring Erin!! Thanks! :)

Rach said...

She is so precious, I love her mouth open, its like she wants to kiss too!

Ipo said...

OOhhhh! I'm loving your blog!! Your family is so adorable!! I am going to be coming by regularly.

JoMamma said...

So beautiful. I'll have to try that with my next picture. Ha ha ha ha.

Natalie. said...

So sweet. She looks so much like the boys it's amazing. Still very feminine, but just like her brothers!

Congrats!

big8smiley said...

That is such a cute picture! You did a great job on it. :)

Jordan and Jandee said...

isn't it fun having a baby who can't object to endless photo soots! This shot is lovely!

Kayleen said...

Erin! We need to talk lighting!! over pie of course - yum!

Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy made a good point! Need someone to take some photos of you and Ruby? I'm game! I need to learn from the master! :)

Kayleen said...

B E A U T I F U L

Marcie said...

SO PRECIOUS!