Friday, December 05, 2008

LOVE SHOT!

Here are two of my favorite shots from a shoot I did a week ago. Michael and Brianna are such a great couple...thanks for the fun shooting. To find out how I took these shots, see below for the recipe!

PICTURE RECIPE: For shot number one I took the couple off center to show the depth of the bridge, then I blurred out the bridge by shooting at 80 mm and dropping my f-stop to 3.5. My shutter was at 250 and it was overcast outside and in the late afternoon. In post editing I used Totally Rad Actions: Boutwell magic Glasses (50 %) and Prettyizer (80%).
TIP: to add a little flair and excitement to your shot, change the perspective. Who says your subject needs to be in the center. Try random angles...don't be afraid to lay on the ground.
For the second shot I had the couple in front of a great old barn. I kept my f-stop about 5.6 and shot them with the same 80mm lens. I had fun in the post Editing and used (TRA) 'green with envy' only on the barn, the grass, the weeds and their jeans. I stayed clear of their faces, hands and hair so they still looked natural. I finished with Boutwell Magic Glasses (60%) and Prettyizer (20%).
For more questions email me at erinsummerill(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Have fun shooting!

1 SPLURTS:

Sarah said...

cute. Love the clarity. I have trouble with that because it's the first thing I sacrifice then regret later. you might want to fix the underwear showing!