Monday, December 08, 2008

GOOD EATS: fast festive gingerbread

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know today is Monday, thus I normally post on Fitness...if you want to read that post, it is below this post. But if you need another holiday pick me up besides fitness, then here is some easy to make comfort cookies!

Are you in the mood for a timeless holiday treat, but you don't have the time or energy to slave away in the kitchen? This recipe is the solution. With almost no preparation time, these sweet treats are done before you know it!

fast festive gingerbread
Cook Time: 8-10 min.
Bake Temp: 375 Degrees

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or with a light greasing.
2. In a mixer, combine:
1 spice cake mix
2 large eggs (at room temp.)
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
3. Mix until ingredients are wet and no cake mix remains dry. 4. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch in thickness.
5. Using your favorite holiday cookie cutter, cut out shapes in dough and place 1" apart on prepared cookie sheet. 6. Bake, and promptly remove from oven. Let cool on a cookie sheet. Cookies should be slightly chewy...and very yummy.

*Optional: To add some festive flair, dip cooled cookies in dipping chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.

4 SPLURTS:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

thanks for sharing - these look so yummy, I might just have to run out to the store tonight so I can make some in the morning!!!

Just SO said...

Yumm. I have a huge box of crushed candy cane sitting in my laundry room.

Robyn said...

Great idea for easy gingerbread! I will have to try that!

Ipo said...

I'm on it! Or maybe I'll put it off until tomorrow....