Wednesday, December 17, 2008

EMBARASSING MOMENT #3269: a moment at the gym

A few years ago I used to teach quite often (5-7 times a week) at at a well known local gym. During that time quite a few men started attending my Pump class (a group weight lifting class). After that class grew in popularity, I encouraged the men to broaden their aerobic insight and try some of my other classes, in particular, my interval training class. In this class I often had the participants step up on a bench and do a jumping jack and then step down and do a jumping jack in sequence to the music. This is an excellent move to vary your work out and keep your heart rate up. While leading the class, I yelled out "Jack up." A few of the men where having a hard time following with the rest of the class. So I continued to yell out more leads. I kept calling out commands and realized that a few men in the back of the class had completely stopped what they were doing. They just stood and stared at me, looking a little awkward.
A wave of morbid realization rushed over me as I realized that I had just yelled over the microphone, "Jack up...JACK OFF!"

Moral of the Story: When you attend one of my interval classes, ignore what I say.

14 SPLURTS:

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

That is the best!!! Dang... Wish I was there, I think I would have been rolling around on the ground. That is sooooo funny!

Just SO said...

Erin! You are a RIOT! Did you just want to melt into the floor????

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I love your embarrasing moment posts - it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this sort of stuff happen to them!

Robyn said...

I don't get it...?!

Robyn said...

JUST KIDDING! I couldn't stop laughing long enough to type anything longer. Only you, Erin! Although, your embarrassing moments are definitely some of your most charming characteristics! :-D

Weight Family said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the laugh!

A. said...

No wonder you have such a great sense of humor. With as many embarassing moments as you have, you've gotta learn to laugh at it all. hahahah! This is hilarious!!!!!!!!

JoMamma said...

What type of aerobic do you teach? I really need to go to your classes again!

big8smiley said...

That rocks! I'm surprised someone didn't try to sue! LOL
So much for the men!

Ticklemedana said...

oh that makes me so happy...so happy in fact I must link this post on my blog...so happy...=)

I am a mother! said...

Now this is hilarious!!! Are you sure you didn't plan this one and then pretend it was a mistake? ;-)

Maman Pélissié said...

Seriously, at this point I just want to come to one of your classes. Just to watch(and listen)!

Ipo said...

Love embarassing moments!! (when they aren't mine)

David & Alayna Despain said...

Erin,
Hey, I remember that class! That was quite funny. How are you doing? I haven't talked to you forever.

Alayna