Saturday, November 29, 2008

Has it really been 4 weeks?

4 weeks ago tonight I was frantically cleaning my house like a mad woman. I even went as far as to iron my bed sheets because the looked sloppy and unwrinkled when I pulled them out of the dryer. 4 weeks ago tonight I swept, vacuumed, mopped and then scrubbed on hands and knees all the floors in my home, washed and then remade all the beds in the home, dusted, windexed, cleansered and ironed practically everything. Finally at midnight Mark convinced me to head to bed...and 6 hrs and 30 minutes later my water kind of broke! (Side Note: I had always heard that when your water broke there would be a gushing of fluids or a popping sound...neither happened to me) Thus, I wasn't quite sure what happened. Did I pee myself? Was I all of a sudden really sweaty in just that area? I couldn't be sure, so Mark and I packed our hospital bag and headed to the hospital. Once there the nurse tested me to see if my water had broke and sure enough, she too was unsure! I wasn't really dripping, leaking, gushing...whatever you want to call it; so she called my doctor and he was unavailable. (Apparently some other woman wanted to have a baby that day too!)
Mark and I decided to head home and wait for my Doc to call. Finally at 4:30pm he called and had us meet him at his office. There he tested me again to see if my water had truly broken and promptly announced that it had! We rushed over to the hospital, waited for contractions to start, waited some more...then with a little medicinal help, little Ruby made her debut at 7:34 that evening.
It really is how amazing how fast time passes when you are sleep deprived and posses the smell of curdled baby spit up. I love my sweet Ruby and find myself gazing at her everyday feeling overwhelmed that I have been so blessed. On this Thanksgiving weekend I feel so full of rich blessings. Blessings that appear in the form of sleepless nights and endless "mom, I need...", "mom, he hit me...", and "mom, I'm hungry...". Whether your blessings are in the form of pint size people needing your constant attention and help, or the joy of parents, brothers, sisters and extended family I hope that this Thanksgiving, you were able to enjoy those simple moments!





The above shots are Ruby at 2 weeks old.

9 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Awww what an adorable little bundle of Ruby you have there. I'm so happy for you. I love how the gratitude just exudes from you post.

Maman Pélissié said...

Awww...she is SO beautiful. Lucky you!

Rach said...

Love the old chair, so unbelieveably CUTE!! can't wait to squeeze that RUby Jo!!

big8smiley said...

She is such a beautiful, perfect, little baby girl! You are SO BLESSED. :) I'm happy for you to have her in your family!

Brooke said...

She is so cute. I wish we could see her in person, but I'll take whatever pictures you post. Congrats again, what a great addition to your family. PS, when my water broke I too thought I had peed, again and again...I will never do that again!

Kristine said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe it's been 4 weeks and I haven't seen her yet! I can't wait!

sanaejames photography said...

adorable pictures of Ruby! I love the chair, too! It adds a nice touch! I can't believe how small they are at first!!! cute...cute...

tammy said...

I think she is the most beautiful 4-week old baby in the entire world!!! must.....come......sniff....baby......

Fullmer Family said...

So Precious Erin!! I LOVE those picture!! :)