Sunday, September 07, 2008

JACK ATTACK!!!

Remember that horribly embarrassing story I told you about accidentally leaving my 6 month old baby in a hot van...and being caught in the act by a friendly pool lesson goer (namely Jack Johnson)? Well, not that leaving your kid in the car ever pays off, but I did finally get to check out one of his concerts. Since I had met him at our local swimming lessons, he seemed so laid back and normal, often seen with dirty feet in old slippers. It seemed surreal to see him in concert with 30,000 fans screaming like crazed, and yes, perhaps high, lunatics; but, thanks to one of my dearest friends, Auntie Carol, Mark and I were able to check out his concert earlier this month. The concert Rocked...and if you are wondering how I got that great shot of him playing guitar, YES, I was standing on stage behind him! And then when he remembered me as he walked off stage and said "hi", I thought, that's neat he remembered who I am, and then I re-thought my thought and thought to myself...crap, I wonder if he is always going to remember me as that crazy lady at swim lessons who left her 6 month old baby in the stifling hot van...



11 SPLURTS:

Sarah said...

oh, I'm so jealous. How did I not hear this story about the van?

JoMamma said...

I wish I had a famous friend. Never been backstage. However, once we sat next to Wilford Brimly at a resturant. I wanted him to lean over and tell us to eat our oatmeal. :)

Leslie said...

What the heck! Did you go back to Hawaii without me for that concert or where was that?!! And also, this is how behind the times, what does he sing cause until your van story, I had never heard of him. Shoot - I hope he doesn't secretly read your blog. But I really haven't heard of him.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to go! I thought of you every time I heard the advertisement for the concert on the radio (well, you guys and Erik Bayles). I had thought about being really cool and getting you tickets, then leaving them on your doorstep. But as it turns out, I'm really just not that cool.

And how awesome is that to get the shot of him from behind?!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

So fun, I'm jealous! I want to hear more on this van story - sounds fun/embarrassing!

Rach said...

It's about frieking time you updated your blog!!! And what name did you decide? Ok, I am jealous about your "fancy date," So fun!!!! And that's so funny about the crazy lady that leaves kids in the car...hee hee that makes me laugh!!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

All right, Erin. I hope you don't mind me trying to be helpful here, since I know it may be a week before you get on the Internet again...

The Jack Johnson/van incident can be found here:
http://thesummerillsurf.blogspot.com
/2007/05/mother-of-year-award-goes-to.html

(you'll probably have to copy and paste it into your browser in two sections. Or just go to Erin's blog archive to May of 2007)

Kahilau said...

SO FUN! I wanted to go to that concert so bad! It's probably a good thing I did not cause I would have gotten more homesick than I already am. Great story!

Kahilau said...

SO FUN! I wanted to go to that concert so bad! It's probably a good thing I did not cause I would have gotten more homesick than I already am. Great story!

Haley Hale said...

How fun! I do love the leaving the baby in the van story!
FYI-I tried to take pictures of the boys in their blessing outfits the other day. It did not go well! Why, oh why, do you have to live so far away?

Just SO said...

How cool! I love his music.