Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Computer TRUTH hurts...

I guess by now it is time to admit that I am truly computer illiterate. Although I can preform a few menial functions on my less than a year old laptop; it seems I spend most of my time cursing at the devil invention for messing with my files, moving my pictures and destroying my life! Well, not that I want to admit this or not, I have recently caused utter chaos in my computer again. While trying to open a file in Photoshop, I accidentally clicked and dragged my entire picture file into another obscure file named "Saved Games". Then seeing what I had done, I promptly tried to rectify the problem by highlighting all the pictures in my enormous picture file and copying and pasting them back into the original Picture file. This action caused my computer to create a second picture file within the original picture file. This wasn't what I wanted, so I opted to delete the additional picture file. WARNING! IF YOU TOO ARE COMPUTER ILLITERATE, TAKE MY ADVICE AND NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DELETE ANYTHING...unless your helpful computer wise husband is sitting nearby helping you.
In the end of moving files, deleting files, and copying and pasting files, I managed to lose almost all of my Picture files somewhere into the deep space 9 of my computer's black hole. I have found that the files are somewhere still there by searching the computer, but they are almost impossible to access...and I have been just informed by my patient computer fixing husband that the files have been changed to view only files! Ugh. So as I wait patiently for my dear helpful and never impatient husband to adjust the injustice of the situation, I apologize to any sweet friends who are also patiently waiting for pictures.

Thus, the moral of the story is: If your computer is awry, don't try to rectify!

4 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Computers are great when they do what you want them to do. One day maybe you'll be able to control them with your mind. That way nothing will ever go wrong with them...right?

Bobbi said...

My advice to you: GET A MAC!!!

Carterista said...

Nice rhyming! Almost that very thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Luckily I'd saved everything to a portable drive, but I'm still sad that I have to put it in everytime I want to look at or work on my pics. :-(

Unknown said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Mengobati Alami Nyeri Sendi
Krim Jerawat Terbaik
Obat Alami Sakit Maag Kronis
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan Berkepanjangan
Obat Membersihkan Rahim Kotor Tanpa Kuret
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Herbal Untuk Penyakit Kanker Serviks
Cara Mencegah Penyempitan Pembuluh Darah Jantung
Obat Alami Radang Usus Besar