Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just a Question?

Before I post my own book review, how many of you out there read Stephanie Meyer's latest, Breaking Dawn? I would like to know what you truly thought of the novel. Sometimes I wonder if I happen to be harder on some authors because of my background in English lit studies. Let me know what you think...and then I will let you know what I think. Lets just say, a friend's husband referred to the novel as "Breaking Wind" and I had no objections. hahahahahaha

7 SPLURTS:

I am a mother! said...

Let's be honest here. I couldn't get past 1/2 way through the second book so I haven't read it. I just couldn't get over what a nutcase the heroine is. She is completely emotionally unstable, suicidal, depressed, and OBSESSED. She has no real friends or hobbies and is only interested in Edward. Then when he is gone she latches on to the next guy. Seriously that girl needs some counseling and to join a sports team or SOMETHING! Then she wants to give up being mortal and going to college to be with a vampire who might accidentally kill her at any time. Ummmmm....could the relationship be any more unhealthy? Not to mention the fact that he is WAY to old for her. K...now the 98% of you that LOVE the books can tell me that I'm wrong. :-)

Carolyn said...

Funny you should mention that I never call you....I left a message on your cell phone just last week because I wanted to schedule with you!!! You are so funny!

Leslie said...

I just put a review on my goodreads page, but I had to comment here, too. And there are SPOILERS if any of you are reading that haven't read the book but want to, beware.

I was a bit disappointed in book 3 and almost didn't read this one. But my curiosity gave in and I had to see how it all wrapped up. I was a bit surprised by the pregnancy part - I didn't see that coming. Almost everything else I did (okay, except for Jacob imprinting on the baby, too). I've lost interest in Bella as a character because I think she's too whiny, didn't seem to grown much as a character from book 1 or 2, and (since this book is geared and heavily marketed for young adults/teens) I find it annoying how much she seems to obsess over you-know-what with Edward in book 3 & 4. My favorite character is probably Alice now.

It was a quick read though and Meyer has a way of making it hard to stop reading, even when you find yourself annoyed and a bit embarrassed that you keep reading. So yes, I enjoyed a lot of parts but overall I was disappointed. Plus, the end was so anticlimatic.

Jordan and Jandee said...

Hi Erin! i just posted my tirade on the book on my blog....glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it was smut.

sanaejames photography said...

Check out my "review" of the book on my blog....totally disappointed if you know what I mean.

Kristine said...

Check out PGWC's posts about the book.

Unknown said...

Wowzw wowza wowza....I will keep my comments on loving it to myself!!! I also left a comment on goodreads if your interested....but I couldn't put it down. It had its downsides but overall....well nevermind.