Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Great Reads: PICKS OF THE WEEK

1. The Thief: I recently fell in deep reading infatuation with Megan Turner's The Thief and the subsequent series. If you happen to be on a reading kick lately, pick up this novel. It is full of twists, turns and intrigue. I was amazed down to the very last page. A Moderate paced adventure, this story will grip you before you even know what has happened. In addition to being a great read, the series ROCKS! Make sure to read The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Atttolia. I give this series a 4 out of 4 stars!
2. The Host: Alright Ladies, this one has been out for a couple months, and if you weren't reeling and lusting after her Twilight series, then this book steps up the love/betrayal/passion saga by two notches! I loved this novel as much as I loved the first in the Twilight series.

Have you read anything interesting lately? I am always looking for something good to read, so drop me a tip or two...and if you get a chance, check out mine!

5 SPLURTS:

Just so said...

Those sound good. I'll have to check them out. I just finished up one called The Knitting Circle about a woman dealing with the loss of a child. I enjoyed it but it does have some strong language. Not much but some.

Now I'm in the middle of Snow Falling on Cedars. A novel about a murder trial up in Oregon. It has some bigger words and has been a bit hard to get into but I'm really enjoying it now.

Faith said...

I've really enjoyed Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn. He's actually a professor at BYU so I think that's cool. Anyway, if you are on the mood for a good fantasy this is it! I also REALLY enjoy his first book Elantris (I think that I like it even better than Mistborn).

Piglet 26 said...

Faith, that is so cool...I am actually on the waiting list at the library for Mistborn...but i will read the first one too and let you know what I think

Peggy said...

I'm a Brandon Sanderson fan, too! I just did a tribute to him and a couple of other Utah authors on my blog- check it out. :-)

Other than the ones I listed there, I like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (they are written for kids, and my kids love them, but I loved them, too!) The Lightning Thief is the first, The Sea of Monsters is the second, and there are two more, but I don't remember the names. It's about Greek Mythology, as if everything is true in this day and time. The story is told first person from a 6th grade boy, and I think it is very clever!

eva fhadilah said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Obat Penyumbatan Pembuluh Darah
Obat Herbal Katup Jantung Bermasalah
Obat Untuk Penyakit Kanker Lidah
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Hati
Obat Asma Tradisional
Obat Pelangsing Perut
Teh Herbal Untuk Pengobatan
Obat Alami Radang Paru-Paru
Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Stamina