Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Great Reads: PICKS OF THE WEEK

1. The Thief: I recently fell in deep reading infatuation with Megan Turner's The Thief and the subsequent series. If you happen to be on a reading kick lately, pick up this novel. It is full of twists, turns and intrigue. I was amazed down to the very last page. A Moderate paced adventure, this story will grip you before you even know what has happened. In addition to being a great read, the series ROCKS! Make sure to read The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Atttolia. I give this series a 4 out of 4 stars!
2. The Host: Alright Ladies, this one has been out for a couple months, and if you weren't reeling and lusting after her Twilight series, then this book steps up the love/betrayal/passion saga by two notches! I loved this novel as much as I loved the first in the Twilight series.

Have you read anything interesting lately? I am always looking for something good to read, so drop me a tip or two...and if you get a chance, check out mine!

4 SPLURTS:

Just SO said...

Those sound good. I'll have to check them out. I just finished up one called The Knitting Circle about a woman dealing with the loss of a child. I enjoyed it but it does have some strong language. Not much but some.

Now I'm in the middle of Snow Falling on Cedars. A novel about a murder trial up in Oregon. It has some bigger words and has been a bit hard to get into but I'm really enjoying it now.

I am a mother! said...

I've really enjoyed Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn. He's actually a professor at BYU so I think that's cool. Anyway, if you are on the mood for a good fantasy this is it! I also REALLY enjoy his first book Elantris (I think that I like it even better than Mistborn).

i'm erin. said...

Faith, that is so cool...I am actually on the waiting list at the library for Mistborn...but i will read the first one too and let you know what I think

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm a Brandon Sanderson fan, too! I just did a tribute to him and a couple of other Utah authors on my blog- check it out. :-)

Other than the ones I listed there, I like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (they are written for kids, and my kids love them, but I loved them, too!) The Lightning Thief is the first, The Sea of Monsters is the second, and there are two more, but I don't remember the names. It's about Greek Mythology, as if everything is true in this day and time. The story is told first person from a 6th grade boy, and I think it is very clever!