Friday, March 14, 2008

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?

I know, I shouldn't be saying WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I should be saying, WHERE HAVE I BEEN? To make a long story short, I had one of those crap hitting the fans type of weeks and on top of that, my computer has not been connecting to the Internet! Blast my devil computer in my time of need. It is only this week that I realize that I use the blogging cycle (i.e. you read my blog, I stalk yours 3-4 times a day...everyday) as free daily therapy. Needless to say, without my trusting blogging community a fingertips length away, this week was a crap shoot. Which made me realize today, how FREAKING AWESOME you guys are. I read my last post about "Teddy the Destroyer" and loved, laughed and cried about your posts. What great advice you have to share. Thanks so much. I truly feel at my wits end with my little BEAR! So thanks to your advice, I am trying to laugh more, take destruction in stride and see it as him expressing his creativity. Teddy the Destroyer is now Teddy the Tenacious!

GET FIT UPDATE:
I cannot lie, my own challenge quest was about as successful as my crap shoot week. But, that is the glory of the contest. You can have a bomb of a day and just start over the next day. Everyday you are free to earn as many points as you can. So, shrug off the feelings of defeat or guilt and realize today is a new day! Everyday is a new day. You are today who you want to be and not the defeat you felt yesterday. I believe in you, so share your stories with me. How did you do this week? Success or Trial? Post a comment and share your story with all the other contestants. Remember: Instead of Crap Shoots, Shoot for the Stars!

13 SPLURTS:

Jordan and Jandee said...

Erin! So your blog is amazing! Good thing you are so darn nice/ likeable/ & completely endearing in person or I think I would totally hate you for your amazing 1) photog skills 2)incredible fitnessyness 3) and simply gorgeous self! No really though it was just a delight to read all your fun posts...and yes I would love to join the get fit program, but I'm worried that the parasite in my stomach (aka baby) may impede my weight loss goals, at least for the interim.

Ticklemedana said...

amen sister...Sunday and monday ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!!! My cast (of my play)imploded on Monday...BUT...things have gotten better....it's amazing what a little perspective will do! Hang in there...you see like a strong person; you'll survive...=D

Just SO said...

My get fit bit has been very nominal but I have been doing a little. I've missed reading your blog. Sorry you had a crap week. Hopefully next week will be better.

Wasn't Horton fun? I'm taking the kids to see Enchanted tonight.

sanaejames photography said...

I am so not motivated...any advice anyone? I am taking the fit challenge a day at a time. HOpefully I can kick my butt into gear!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Erin, I totally understand the frustrations of a non-working computer (hence the same post on our blog for 2 months now) but I am glad your computer is doing better...I love seeing what you are doing and being inspired to do better because of your example. By the way is it too late to join your fitness challenge? I may only qualify for the "better late than never award" but hey, something is better than nothing, right?! -Tiff

shelly said...

I started out so WELL! What happened?? This week was really, really hard for me. My challenge for myself now is for me not to go blow my eating over the weekend. If I did my typical thing, I'd be discouraged, and then eat everything I felt like over the weekend and say, "Oh, I'll start again on Monday." I'm not going to do that! I'm not, I'm not, I'm NOT!

Ticklemedana said...

Amen, shelly...I've been actually better this week, but i TOTALLY crapped out today...I don't think i got a SINGLE point today...unless you count lugging the ridiculous amount of crap I bought raiding walmart across the parking lot and up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment as cardio! It had to have weighed at LEAST 50lbs...*SIGH* there's always tomorrow...

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

ohhh, after having a really great week last week (working out every day, getting lots and lots of points every day) it was a rough week for me too. My little guy was diagnosed with RSV early in the week and became the clingiest thing you'll ever find. So unless I can count lugging my 15 mo old everywhere as exercise, I pretty much got nothing! And chocolate became my best friend as I tried to cope with my sicky little guy - it was really good. Hopefully this week goes better. I was so motivated last week and was doing so well last week, I was ticked when this week started & I found myself unable to get more than 4-5 pts a day (it's been rough). Looking forward to a better week next week!

Kristen said...

I did it... I went a WHOLE 24 HOURS without chocolate! Usualy other types of sugar aren't so hard, but with 3 kids under 3, "shlocate" (as Lillie would say!) becomes a constant companion! Well, yesterday, NONE! Thank you Erin.

Carterista said...

I guess I should feel fantastic about doing so well this last week...10 points almost every day. BUT, instead I'm feeling a little guilty annoucing it amid all the other frustrated people. Come on ya'll...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I'm HUGE on sleeping, but I figure getting up only 30 min. earlier every morning to ride my stationary bike isn't as hard as getting up for a full workout routine.

Then, before I go to bed, I think "Only 20 minutes of weights and toning and I'll have both my workout points for the day!" I'm mean, What's a whole 20 minutes? Nothing!! Especially compared to how great I feel that I overcame myself and DID IT!

i'm erin. said...

Ohhhh Shelly,
I often feel the same way. In fact, sometimes when I am feeling down about reaching my goals, I almost let myself go overboard in the wrong direction. I am glad that you are still going and I cant wait to see how great you are going to do next week!

Bobbi said...

I was doing so great all week until today (Sunday) when I O.D.'ed on all of my kids' Easter candy they've been getting. I now feel so sick to my stomach that I shouldn't have any trouble staying away from junk food until the bunny comes next Sunday! (Easter) Hey Erin, this Get-Fit challenge has been extremely motivational for me. Is there any chance you could come up with some kind of "Clean-Your-House" Challenge? I could really use one of those!!!

i'm erin. said...

Bobbi, that is an awsome idea. I have already been concocting exciting ideas for next month as we start phase two of the challenge, but you have just given me a great idea!