Monday, January 21, 2008

MONDAY'S FIT TIP Mania!!!

Yes, I have taken my own advice, and I have been braving the cold to take long strides up the hill side. I have coupled that with a 30 minute jog around town. Unfortunately, another battle you have to fight when the temperatures drop is the flux of sickness all around. I was hit by the BUG. You know, the nasty stuffed nasal cavity, hacking cough, odd uncomfortableness BUG! Feeling down, I took it pretty easy last week, but felt renewed over the weekend as my BUG took holiday and I felt a rush of un-sick energy. Last night I mentally prepped myself to wake up, wrap up in warm clothes and begin my walk/run around town.
WEATHER ALERT: Almost a foot of snow dropped in my town, around my house, and on the streets that I have longed to walk/run on. Which unequivocally means...FITNESS PLAN RUINED!
Ugh, Don't we hate it when we finally have the will power to go out and do something about our physical state and nature steps in the way? Don't let nature's snow dumping get you down, here is a list of activities you can do indoors or out in the snow to heat up your heart rate. Stay on track when it's the hardest, and you will find that it is routine to get moving when sunny skies are out.

Turn your home into a circuit training course, and let each room challenge you physically. Keep a timer on your watch, or close by and time each station for 2 minutes. For Intermediate levels to Advanced, repeat this workout 2 or 3 times.

DINING ROOM-hold onto a chair and preform tri-cep dips

KITCHEN-Hold onto the counter and preform a rear straight leg lift to target your glutes and hamstrings! Do a set of 40 on each leg.

STAIRS-Run up and down for cardio and for extra exertion, take them two at a time going up!

LIVING ROOM-Lunge from one side of the room to the other alternating legs

BATH ROOM-Squat in front of the toilet. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and squat until your toosh barely touches the toilet seat, return to a standing position slowly and be sure to squeeze the glutes tight on your way up!

BEDROOM- Use your bed as a way to gage your jumps. Stand with feet shoulder width apart, bend your knees and jump as high as you can. As you jump, tuck your knees up and try to get your jump as high as your bed is. Bring the knees down and keep them unlocked as you try to land as soft as you can on your feet. These plyometric jumps will really kick up your intensity levels, but keep at it.

Work this workout a few times and you will be a fan of snowed in, rained in or just bad weather days. Keep up your fitness and you will attain your fitness goals. Check back in here every Monday for a new Manic Monday Fitness Routine...Until then, WORK YOUR WORKOUT!

4 SPLURTS:

Carterista said...

Hahaha! Great Room Routine! Did you actually do it? I can clearly imagine you doing it whether you did or not. :0)

Leslie said...

Are you trying to hint to me that I need to lose weight or something? All these Monday workout posts are starting to make me wonder...

Scott & Tami said...

I totally don't know you,but Nat has your on her blog so I checked you out....I'm stoked to try your monday workout routines...I'm in Denver and snowed in!! Thanks for the tips.

Just SO said...

Those are some good tips! I need to remember them. I don't know if I'll be able to get out today either. They boys room really needs to be mucked out and that may well be my workout for the day.