Friday, September 07, 2007

So sad...






This last labor day weekend we traveled down to Cedar City to attend the Kahuku/Bingham football game. We left Friday, and stayed at the Motel 6 in Cedar City. Suprisingly, it was impecably clean, no used nylons under the bed or used cigarette butts in the hall. (These references are in regard to a certian Calabio road trip taken through northern California, where a certian motel was utilized by much other than the Calabio clan)
Since the game was in the evening, we spent our free time venturing around Zion National Park, which I also have not been to since a certian Calabio road trip. The park was beautiful, and since the park is well equiped with easy access trams, we didn't even drive or van through the park. We took the tram through out the majority of the park and then we took a few hikes.
We finished the day by roaring it up with our fellow Kahuku and Laie friends at the Kahuku/Bingham game. In my opinion, the Red Raiders (Kahuku) played well...well at least the defense was impressive. In fact, the game was even 0-0 until the fourth quarter, which was devastating. Kahuku lost in the final quarter 27 to 0! Don't ask me how Bingham could stomp on Kahuku in such a defeating way...seriously don't ask, it puts me in a bad mood.
I hope your Labor day weekend was as eventful as ours.

3 SPLURTS:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Kuhuku High was the school you taught at, right? That's so great that you got to see them again so soon after moving back! Did you see any of your old students? And, the game's not really about winning, right? (keep reminding yourself of that at regular intervals, you'll feel better) Plus, you scored a nylon / cigarette butt free, sight-seeing weekend with it, so bonus! Glad you guys had fun!

Carterista said...

I say we go on a shooting date together! I'm all up for a sunset or a sunrise or a canyon jaunt. I know your camera is much, MUCH more sophisticated than mine, but isn't it the phtographer that really makes the difference? I think I could almost keep up. :-) Plus I don't mind getting a few tips along the way!

Shayleen Lunt said...

What great pictures Erin! Keep shooting pictures like that and I might just have to order some for my bare walls.