Tuesday, January 16, 2007

George, Sophia and a Mer-boy

On Friday the boys and I went out and played on the beach because the weather was so nice. I layed out on the sand and read the book, Across the Nightingale Floor, while the boys ran up and down the beach. I must have been really into my book, because I didn't notice what was transpiring down the beach a little ways. George, Henry and their friend, Sophia were digging in the sand and playing around. After 20 minutes or so, George came over and was adamant that I come and look at what they were doing, so I walked over and this is what I saw:

If you can't tell, they turned Henry into a little Mer-man. Isn't it great that the weather is so nice and sunny that you can enjoy the beach almost all year round? We love living in Hawaii and when the day comes that we have to leave, I am sure that we will be very sad.

6 SPLURTS:

Anonymous said...

Wow it would be great to be able to go to the beach anytime you wanted. I would love that. I would love to visit Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so here we are to cold to even look out the window and there you showing us pictures of the beach. I am so jealous. But don't forget we are still planning on coming out there or moving out...we shall see what happens. But boy do I want go there to visit. Hey congrats on mer-boy!

A. said...

Ah - I just love how you rub it in with such grace. :) It's also fun to see kids be creative and to see the kinds of things they come up with.
So does Theodore have his own room or is it still left as a guest room? ;)

Leslie said...

Okay, enough with all the beach bragging. I'm getting sick of sunny pics from you guys while the wind is howling and the snow is blowing around here. Just kidding - but seriously life in podunk WA isn't so appealing right now.

Anonymous said...

It's just warmed up in Salt Lake City. Tomorrow's high will be 30 and the low will be 15. Almost above freezing again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how we wish we could just slip on our flip flops and go outside without any coats. Of course the best we can do right now is 3 layers of clothes including face masks and boots. Instead of mer-boys we have snow angels. The one plus we get to warm up with hot cocoa and marshmallows. Love ya, Weavers